Groups

GPS on N95

Is this service free or not i can't work it out?
    thanks

4 Comments

The GPS is free, but the Nokia Maps application which uses the GPS device downloads maps as you roam around. If you are using a packet data connection to do this (mobile data, 3G, HSDPA) then you obviously accrue data charges for downloading the maps.

I solved the problem by downloading all the maps on my laptop, then copying them to the phone. This way, it already has complete maps for the UK, so no need to stream them when using GPS.

Original Poster

Heavertron;2862617

The GPS is free, but the Nokia Maps application which uses the GPS device … The GPS is free, but the Nokia Maps application which uses the GPS device downloads maps as you roam around. If you are using a packet data connection to do this (mobile data, 3G, HSDPA) then you obviously accrue data charges for downloading the maps.I solved the problem by downloading all the maps on my laptop, then copying them to the phone. This way, it already has complete maps for the UK, so no need to stream them when using GPS.

Where would i download them from? thanks for your help.

Nokia have their own Map Loader tool which does that, which you can get from europe.nokia.com/A49…199 . Me though, I always use Google Maps. I love it, especially as it lets you use satellite images to navigate, which make so much more sense to me than a map. It works with GPS, and it does a great job of getting you to places. The only griipe I have with it is that I'm too stupid to use it to travel in any direction other thaan straight-north, and its inability to rotate the map to suit my direction doesn't help that. I regularly find myself walking in the wrong direction. Still, if you're cleverer than I am, it's great.

the voice service costs
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047143
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1425
      3. word association Game73944522
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869

See more discussions