GPU Question - PC does not recognise it

Posted 15th MarEdited by:"MarioMan"
Hello,

So I have a GPU, installed it and my PC does not recognise it. - I can confirm the fans spin on and a light comes on. Using the normal VGA Cable to PC is working fine, but when connecting the VGA to the GPU, no signal

Can someone please help me,
It is ASUS 750 TI OC 2GB DDR5

Can you confirm, if the above needs additional power, as I was led to believe that the 750ti does not need additional power. Any idea on what to do next?

I have updated BIOS too.

I can share Pictures of the GPU if needed.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

25 Comments
Does the card itsself have a port to plugin a 12v line? If so, there's your answer.

I had a kfa OC 750ti that didn't require a cable, but I think some did
If its this card then yes you need power to it

40111634-NmzOI.jpg
MrKrabs15/03/2020 18:20

Does the card itsself have a port to plugin a 12v line? If so, there's …Does the card itsself have a port to plugin a 12v line? If so, there's your answer.I had a kfa OC 750ti that didn't require a cable, but I think some did

Does the card itself have a port to plugin a 12v line? If so, there's your answer.

What does that mean?

There is a thing which needs 6 pins, but is that for addtional power? can it run on minimum?

So i bought the wrong card?
MarioMan15/03/2020 18:22

Does the card itself have a port to plugin a 12v line? If so, there's your …Does the card itself have a port to plugin a 12v line? If so, there's your answer.What does that mean?There is a thing which needs 6 pins, but is that for addtional power? can it run on minimum?So i bought the wrong card?

The card is fine, you just need a way to power it.

Your PSU in your case might have a spare sata power cable, or molex if its a old PSU. You just need an adapter

eg
amazon.co.uk/Dut…Q==

Have you definitely not got a 6 pin adapter? I'd check that first. Do a photo of your cables if not sure
Edited by: "MrKrabs" 15th Mar
MrKrabs15/03/2020 18:24

The card is fine, you just need a way to power it.Your PSU in your case …The card is fine, you just need a way to power it.Your PSU in your case might have a spare sata power cable, or molex if its a old PSU. You just need an adaptereghttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Duttek-Adapter-15-pin-Female-0-66Ft/dp/B079DNRS5D/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=FQ4665GYDWS7&dchild=1&keywords=molex+to+6+pin&qid=1584296629&sprefix=molex+to+%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFXSVJCUFE0UDI5V1AmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0MzAwNjEyV0RZWkJGSEc2TVFJJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxODMwODcxVlZUUVBGT0kyNExEJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I have a stock PC, like you know those HP Ex corporate ones.
I dont think there are any spare cables or ports fir the power.

I can send a few pictures and would be grateful if you could confirm.
Does it come with a DVD drive? Might just be able to unplug that and use the adapter
Otherwise you'll need a sata splitter (or molex, depending on age)
Edited by: "MrKrabs" 15th Mar
MarioMan15/03/2020 18:32

Yes there is a DVD Drive:First time semi building PC.Here are some …Yes there is a DVD Drive:First time semi building PC.Here are some pictures: Powe supplyGPU - on the left bottom, there you see the 6 pins on the stupid GPU. Close up of GPUAnother GPU Big thanks!!!

Well the good news is you have plenty of spare SATA power connectors, so you just need a sata to 6 pin adapter and it will work

amazon

amazon.co.uk/UGR…8-2

probaby a quid or two cheaper on ebay but that one will arrive tomorrow
Can you double check your connectors?

This listing for your powersupply shows 2 6 pin connectors

amazon.co.uk/Pow…V37
MrKrabs15/03/2020 18:41

Well the good news is you have plenty of spare SATA power connectors, so …Well the good news is you have plenty of spare SATA power connectors, so you just need a sata to 6 pin adapter and it will work amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Sata15-Express-Graphics-Adapter/dp/B01EUSZ0BQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=29UJLQJH23OAF&dchild=1&keywords=sata+to+6+pin+pci-e&qid=1584297581&sprefix=sata+to+6+pin%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-2probaby a quid or two cheaper on ebay but that one will arrive tomorrow

I dont have Prime:

Could you please confirm if this from ebay will be fine:

ebay.co.uk/itm…dg9

Thank you again!!

One more thing, you know how the stock power/ PSU is max at 320w.

This GPU will take 150w, so will the rest be fine for me CPU, RAM, SSD, DVD Drive? As my SSD is only 20gb, i am planning
to use a old 500gb hdd.

Massive massive thank you!
MrKrabs15/03/2020 18:47

Can you double check your connectors?This listing for your powersupply …Can you double check your connectors?This listing for your powersupply shows 2 6 pin connectorshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-supply-HP-PS-4321-1HB-611483-001/dp/B078VCGV37

I can see one brown cable
I can see another cable coming out which is going to the MOBO and it looks like 6 pin

Pictures
Two wires coming out of Power:
Brown wire
2nd wire:
2nd wire close up

The brown is smaller and looks 4 pin. Both are connected and going to the MOBO
MarioMan15/03/2020 18:49

I dont have Prime: Could you please confirm if this from ebay will be …I dont have Prime: Could you please confirm if this from ebay will be fine:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15pin-SATA-Power-to-6pin-PCI-E-Express-Adapter-Cable-Graphics-Card-bitcoin/273887119480?hash=item3fc4f1c878:g:X6oAAOSw-ZBdAdg9 Thank you again!! One more thing, you know how the stock power/ PSU is max at 320w. This GPU will take 150w, so will the rest be fine for me CPU, RAM, SSD, DVD Drive? As my SSD is only 20gb, i am planning to use a old 500gb hdd.Massive massive thank you!

The 750 won't draw anywhere near 150w. Mine was used in a 200w PSU with an i5, you'll be fine.

Yes that cable is fine.
MrKrabs15/03/2020 18:56

The 750 won't draw anywhere near 150w. Mine was used in a 200w PSU with an …The 750 won't draw anywhere near 150w. Mine was used in a 200w PSU with an i5, you'll be fine.Yes that cable is fine.

Thank you!
Will be ordering that shortly

So just curious, why does the MOBO need both the Brown wire and the other one from the power supply? What's the purpose?
MrKrabs15/03/2020 18:56

The 750 won't draw anywhere near 150w. Mine was used in a 200w PSU with an …The 750 won't draw anywhere near 150w. Mine was used in a 200w PSU with an i5, you'll be fine.Yes that cable is fine.

Another problem:

Please note that only 5 pins are used in this cable, which is quite common but do check your graphics card for compatibility before purchasing, as you may require a cable with all 6 pins (and therefore 6 wires) connected.

How do I know or find out if the 750 ti Asus one needs all 6 pins or will 5 be sufficient? Thak you
MarioMan15/03/2020 19:29

Another problem: Please note that only 5 pins are used in this cable, …Another problem: Please note that only 5 pins are used in this cable, which is quite common but do check your graphics card for compatibility before purchasing, as you may require a cable with all 6 pins (and therefore 6 wires) connected.How do I know or find out if the 750 ti Asus one needs all 6 pins or will 5 be sufficient? Thak you

Sorry, been getting kids to bed. Will be fine. The PCI spec only requires the 5 pins to be used, quite common and will work fine with that card.
MrKrabs15/03/2020 20:13

Sorry, been getting kids to bed. Will be fine. The PCI spec only requires …Sorry, been getting kids to bed. Will be fine. The PCI spec only requires the 5 pins to be used, quite common and will work fine with that card.

No problem at all

Thank you for your help in this time and managing family too. I really appreciate it. I've ordered it and will let you know how things go.

You can answer this question later no rush,. Delivery will take a few days.

So once I get that cable and plug it in.

1) I simply swap the VGA cable from the PC into the GPU and should be working fine?

2) Would I need to do anything else?

3) its a fresh new install if Windows. I have not installed any drivers and plan to do this AFTER the GPU is working. Is that fine?
MarioMan15/03/2020 20:28

No problem at allThank you for your help in this time and managing family …No problem at allThank you for your help in this time and managing family too. I really appreciate it. I've ordered it and will let you know how things go. You can answer this question later no rush,. Delivery will take a few days. So once I get that cable and plug it in. 1) I simply swap the VGA cable from the PC into the GPU and should be working fine? 2) Would I need to do anything else? 3) its a fresh new install if Windows. I have not installed any drivers and plan to do this AFTER the GPU is working. Is that fine?

Yeah, just plug cable in to gpu and it will pick it up immediately. In the old days you sometimes had to change something in the bios to disable integrated graphics.

You can download the drivers ready from nvidia now and install when youre set up. Windows might even do it for you if its in the mood.
MrKrabs15/03/2020 20:38

Yeah, just plug cable in to gpu and it will pick it up immediately. In the …Yeah, just plug cable in to gpu and it will pick it up immediately. In the old days you sometimes had to change something in the bios to disable integrated graphics. You can download the drivers ready from nvidia now and install when youre set up. Windows might even do it for you if its in the mood.

Hello,

Wow, I got the cable and it is working fine Massive massive thank you . I also downloaded and installed the latest drivers.

There is a problem, which is small, but its still there

1) When the PC first restarted, it started then shut down like it booted twice and then went to normal boot.

I still see the bootscreen logo TWICE and then it boots normally.. It does not shutdown like before on 1, but the logo appears twice. the message is too fast to read and unsure,
MarioMan18/03/2020 20:11

Hello,Wow, I got the cable and it is working fine Massive massive …Hello,Wow, I got the cable and it is working fine Massive massive thank you . I also downloaded and installed the latest drivers. There is a problem, which is small, but its still there1) When the PC first restarted, it started then shut down like it booted twice and then went to normal boot. I still see the bootscreen logo TWICE and then it boots normally.. It does not shutdown like before on 1, but the logo appears twice. the message is too fast to read and unsure,

Glad its working. Maybe try recording the startup on your phone to see what the message is, your PC shouldn't be booting, then auto restarting before windows is loaded, and then finally booting again in to windows each time if thats what you mean.
MrKrabs18/03/2020 20:23

Glad its working. Maybe try recording the startup on your phone to see …Glad its working. Maybe try recording the startup on your phone to see what the message is, your PC shouldn't be booting, then auto restarting before windows is loaded, and then finally booting again in to windows each time if thats what you mean.

It seems to have fixed itself. It basically booted , showed logo then back to blank screen and logo and then normal - if that makes sense. but seems to be working fine now

Also another question and issuse.
I want to put in my old HDD on the right bay, later on.

The problem is. With the new wire. It's pulling the SATA cable down. And it doesn't reach the HDD bay area.

What advice would you give? See image below

Edited by: "MarioMan" 18th Mar
MarioMan18/03/2020 21:43

It seems to have fixed itself. It basically booted , showed logo then …It seems to have fixed itself. It basically booted , showed logo then back to blank screen and logo and then normal - if that makes sense. but seems to be working fine nowAlso another question and issuse. I want to put in my old HDD on the right bay, later on.The problem is. With the new wire. It's pulling the SATA cable down. And it doesn't reach the HDD bay area. What advice would you give? See image below1 2

Maybe it was just finishing off installing drivers then or Windows updates.

Looks like you'll need a sata power extension cable, cost about £3. 10 inches will probably be ok

On phone so can't post a link from eBay.
MrKrabs18/03/2020 21:54

Maybe it was just finishing off installing drivers then or Windows …Maybe it was just finishing off installing drivers then or Windows updates.Looks like you'll need a sata power extension cable, cost about £3. 10 inches will probably be okOn phone so can't post a link from eBay.

Hey thank you!!

I will look into the extensio cable, but another problem, what about the other sata cable? the data one?

Thanks
MarioMan22/03/2020 18:12

Hey thank you!!I will look into the extensio cable, but another problem, …Hey thank you!!I will look into the extensio cable, but another problem, what about the other sata cable? the data one?Thanks

If you haven't got any lying around then yeah, you'll need a sata data cable, think most are around 12" which should be enough depending on where the connectors are on the motherboard.
MrKrabs22/03/2020 18:28

If you haven't got any lying around then yeah, you'll need a sata data …If you haven't got any lying around then yeah, you'll need a sata data cable, think most are around 12" which should be enough depending on where the connectors are on the motherboard.

Thanks again for all your help!

I was so worried, id bought the wrong one, and would have had to deal with the returns etc and stressed, as you can imagine,

Big thanks for walking me through all the processes!!

God bless you and your family

Stay safe and take care!
You too mate, if my office was still open I could have sent you one as we have a million of them!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants