Grainger Games

Found 13th Jan 2012
Hey after all the deals posted on here for Grainger Games I decided to use them ordered Zelda NEW for £20 great came through fine ordered Splinter Cell NEW for £5 came through and was obviously pre-owned case all scratch holes in plastic cover no celophane creased up manual as I clicked and paid for NEW when I bought it I know this is probably illegal to offer one thing then add another but would it come under false advertising or fraud ect anyone else had the same from them wont be using again?
Community Updates
18 Comments
It may just come under "bozo shop worker".

Try contacting them by telephone or e-mail & ask for an exchange for the product you wished to purchase.

If they refuse, then it becomes an issue to pursue (legally).

BFN,

fp.
There was an incident about 4 months ago where they offered Social Network on new Blu-ray for £4.99. They sent out Rental copies with clear 'Not for resale' sign on the back. They shugged off the sending them as a mistake and would refund if you sent the item back. Sending it back recorded would have cost a couple of quid so I didn't bother but needless to say it annoyed a lot of people. I won't be dealing with them again.
andyat2002

There was an incident about 4 months ago where they offered Social … There was an incident about 4 months ago where they offered Social Network on new Blu-ray for £4.99. They sent out Rental copies with clear 'Not for resale' sign on the back. They shugged off the sending them as a mistake and would refund if you sent the item back. Sending it back recorded would have cost a couple of quid so I didn't bother but needless to say it annoyed a lot of people. I won't be dealing with them again.

Surley they must cover postage its their fault?
mine just come today too and its cracked case
Contact them and get a new one sent out!
MR1123

They just hope nobody returns them bad site will post next time I see a deal from them to watch out
MR1123

Givemewhatiordered

They just hope nobody returns them bad site will post next time I see a … They just hope nobody returns them bad site will post next time I see a deal from them to watch out

To be fair, there are other people involved into getting an item from the retailer to you.

Cracked cases happen; sometimes due to poor packaging, most often due to poor handling/sorting though.
Grainger games . Some of the games they sell (1% or less) are new still have the authenticity sticker and are shrink wrapped (xbox 360)
100% are delivered to them as NEW and they open them to store the disc and manual in a plastic sleeve that has been used over 1000 times and is riddled with contaminates which damage the disc. They are then shoved into a filing cabinet with hundreds more all compressed together which impregnates a straight line against the outer of the disc the bit exposed at top of plastic sleeve.
Just sent an email, their delivery takes ages so i think i will go for a refund plus saves me from getting another unacceptable game which would **** me off more.

btw i ordered 5 games, the one in the middle was cracked all others were fine so i highly doubt it was damaged in transit
Edited by: "MR1123" 13th Jan 2012
fanpages

The Game Group are also fond of such practices (pre-owned as new; "the … The Game Group are also fond of such practices (pre-owned as new; "the only difference between pre-owned & new is the price!", rather than "not for resale" items):"GAME sells ex-display stock as 'new' - Will refund or replace any non-'mint' goods bought at Easter"Most examples of members with stories like your own, Givemewhatiordered, were resolved by communication with the retailer.BFN,fp.

Tried calling phone just rings and have already filled out a rubbish contact us message just looking on here to see if other people had same problem and it got resolved.
Givemewhatiordered

Tried calling phone just rings and have already filled out a rubbish … Tried calling phone just rings and have already filled out a rubbish contact us message just looking on here to see if other people had same problem and it got resolved.

If I recall correctly (from other member's comments), Grainger Games have a warehouse telephone number & a (or more than one) shop-based number.

See if you can find another telephone number & try that.
The worst thing about Grainger is the colour they decided on to represent their company. Their shops look cheaper than smartprice beans.
master_chief

The worst thing about Grainger is the colour they decided on to represent … The worst thing about Grainger is the colour they decided on to represent their company. Their shops look cheaper than smartprice beans.

...that, & this incident...

[ gizmodo.co.uk/201…nt/ ]
fanpages

...that, & this incident...[ … ...that, & this incident...[ http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2011/10/how-an-unknown-games-retailer-committed-suicide-at-a-gaming-awards-event/ ]

That's some funny shiz!
deleted265520
master_chief

That's some funny shiz!

Made a good read.
dtovey89

Made a good read.

Skimmed...

Hollywood or what?! I approve of Grainger Games
deleted265520
dga

Skimmed... Hollywood or what?! I approve of Grainger Games