Expired

Grainger Games

Found 15th Jun 2012
Are games marked as NEW from Grainger Games factory sealed or shrink-wrapped?
Community Updates
20 Comments
Its luck of the draw...they do give the display items from the store if they cant procure sealed items.
Also see: "Grainger Games"
Looks like I won't be ordering from them then.
KayeeEn

Looks like I won't be ordering from them then.

Are you close enough to one of their market stalls (or "shops", if you prefer) to view the condition of what you are buying in advance?

Anything received by mail order can, of course, be returned within a seven day period of receipt (during the "Cooling off period").

See the "Distance Selling Regulations", or if you pay by credit card & the goods are not as described you can always ask your card issuer (bank) for assistance.

"The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000"
Whilst we do try and send out sealed items wherever possible, as our items are sourced from our stores some of our new stock will be unsealed (so the discs/manuals can be stored securely). However, this shouldn't affect the quality of your order and if an item does arrive in unsuitable condition we will arrange for this to be returned (at no cost to yourself) for a refund or replacement.
GraingerGames

Whilst we do try and send out sealed items wherever possible, as our … Whilst we do try and send out sealed items wherever possible, as our items are sourced from our stores some of our new stock will be unsealed (so the discs/manuals can be stored securely). However, this shouldn't affect the quality of your order and if an item does arrive in unsuitable condition we will arrange for this to be returned (at no cost to yourself) for a refund or replacement.

Do you not keep new (sealed) stock off the shop floor? Do you mean that some customers will be receiving display items that have been handled by numerous members of the public prior to despatch via mail order?
We do keep sealed stock and aim to send this wherever possible. However for certain items (usually older games or titles which we are low on stock of), this isn't always possible. As stated, this shouldn't have any affect on the quality of the item (including the packaging, or any additional inserts such as online passes / single use codes), and if an item does arrive in unacceptable condition, or has been damaged in transit, we'll ensure this is replaced/refunded at no cost to you
GraingerGames

Whilst we do try and send out sealed items wherever possible, as our … Whilst we do try and send out sealed items wherever possible, as our items are sourced from our stores some of our new stock will be unsealed (so the discs/manuals can be stored securely).

I understand the reason for the need to keep products securely.

But why not the same method that the other game retailers on the highstreet take of storeing sealed boxes in cabinets?
fanpages

FYI: "Grainger Games Pre-orders?"

Thanks, PM'ed them
spot on for pre owned though ive been using them for a while now the match anybody on trade in price and the purchase price ....and they were even beating other prices by a quid at one point not sure if its still on though
broadyo796

spot on for pre owned though ive been using them for a while now the … spot on for pre owned though ive been using them for a while now the match anybody on trade in price and the purchase price ....and they were even beating other prices by a quid at one point not sure if its still on though

Utter crap policy will take any disc (damaged etc) and sell it. I've spent a fair bit over the years at Grainger Games. (none for a while now As even new are stored in a non secure state)

On the original xbox I had mine modded so could install to HDD. I remember one game I bought from GG was Kangaroo Chaos (irc) It was a previously owned one. When I got home, I opened it looked at disc (I always check condition before inserting into any DVD-ROM drive) and knew instantly that the xbox was not going to be able to install this. I still tried and it failed.

I cleaned disc it got past that error but no amount of cleaning (toothpaste etc) would allow any of my other (4) xbox consoles to install to hdd, so I took disc back and told them that the disc was broken and could I have another. They only had that one so I had to get a credit note. Two days later when I went in to see what I might like to use my credit note on I noticed that they had kangaroo Chaos back on the shelf for sale (same box (same disc) not a new one)

http://i49.tinypic.com/xu2bk.png

Edited by: "dontasciime" 19th Nov 2012
Hi I placed an order with grainger games online, I have tried to contact them about my order but there's no reply from them
DON'T BELIEVE THEM.

I've had multiple experiences where they've given me a pre-owned copy rather than a new one. and this is even in store.
I was in a rush once so didn't realise and only realised when I got home, went to take it back and was told that I was given a sealed one and I've opened it.
Asked for the Manager who just laughed at me and said it was my fault.
ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
ArticFox

DON'T BELIEVE THEM.I've had multiple experiences where they've given me a … DON'T BELIEVE THEM.I've had multiple experiences where they've given me a pre-owned copy rather than a new one. and this is even in store. I was in a rush once so didn't realise and only realised when I got home, went to take it back and was told that I was given a sealed one and I've opened it. Asked for the Manager who just laughed at me and said it was my fault.ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Why did it take you multiple experiences to realise this; not just the first occasion?
boneshredder452

Hi I placed an order with grainger games online, I have tried to contact … Hi I placed an order with grainger games online, I have tried to contact them about my order but there's no reply from them

Has it arrived yet?
stuarthanley

Has it arrived yet?

He ordered Fifa 13, No point it being honoured. Take the £37.99 refund and run!
GraingerGames

We do keep sealed stock and aim to send this wherever possible. However … We do keep sealed stock and aim to send this wherever possible. However for certain items (usually older games or titles which we are low on stock of), this isn't always possible. As stated, this shouldn't have any affect on the quality of the item (including the packaging, or any additional inserts such as online passes / single use codes), and if an item does arrive in unacceptable condition, or has been damaged in transit, we'll ensure this is replaced/refunded at no cost to you

What a load of B.S. Every time I've ordered from GraingerGames I always received used copies.
Did not notice I had replied to a 4 year old comment but regardless, they send you used games.
More often than not they are not sealed but it depends if your local store is a busy store, mine is tiny and isn't very busy so most of the games get gutted and cases used on the shelves.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions