"Grainger Games blames discounted video games for recent poor results"

Found 20th Dec 2017
I personally massively reduced the number of purchases I made from them in the second half of the year in compare with the first half just because a massive number of preowned games I was buying from them (I have never bothered buying new copies from them for obvious reasons) was coming in broken cases. I raised a number of complaints and it was ignored so I decided to spend my money elsewhere. Now they are blaming digital content and certain franchises for poor sale but not their performance and customer service. Meanwhile, in Boomerang's office people are celebrating a successful year....

Link: chroniclelive.co.uk/bus…968
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
same reasons i stopped shopping with them, saying new but always sent unsealed, more expensive in some cases compared to there competitors, and sending broken cases and not responding to my emails
My husband stopped using them for the same reasons , they are not too competitive with pricing and the quality is lacking , especially with a few similar shops close by
How often do we see companies treat customers poorly and then blame other factors when they hit hard times....

Ill buy from these guys as a last resort...

Its like going in a Game store... always a queue and always takes ages for them to actually serve you... I walk in and walk out most times, not going queue through 8 people of faffing.. its not like they are cheap anyway.
Tough market video games, when I explored the possibility of retailing the margins just weren't there unless you had the buying power of a supermarket behind you, but as seen in earlier posts, they haven't gotten their customer service model right so are losing out in stores.
The games collection
Shopto
Simply games

And many other seem to be doing ok, hell even CEX still exists for reasons unknown to science
gopolog862 h, 10 m ago

same reasons i stopped shopping with them, saying new but always sent …same reasons i stopped shopping with them, saying new but always sent unsealed, more expensive in some cases compared to there competitors, and sending broken cases and not responding to my emails

Lyndsey28122 h, 1 m ago

My husband stopped using them for the same reasons , they are not too …My husband stopped using them for the same reasons , they are not too competitive with pricing and the quality is lacking , especially with a few similar shops close by

I stopped buying from them after this debacle:

[ gizmodo.co.uk/201…nt/ ]
@mixmixi had the exact same experience with all my preowned games from Grainger.

So happy for Boomerang, they’ve been unbelievable for me this year. I’m not a games collector, but I love having a nice new case for my games, and the Boomerang ex-rentals are as good as new to me
Edited by: "hgraham4" 20th Dec 2017
Are Boomerang that good? I've been put off imensely by the shoddiness of blockbuster (+1 life if you can remember them) and grainger in the past, I'm wondering if I should given them a go now...
BIGUSHEADUS5 m ago

Are Boomerang that good? I've been put off imensely by the shoddiness of …Are Boomerang that good? I've been put off imensely by the shoddiness of blockbuster (+1 life if you can remember them) and grainger in the past, I'm wondering if I should given them a go now...

They didn't use to be...

[ hotukdeals.com/dis…547 ]
Can never find anything in my local. They display by price rather than A-Z.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants