Grainger games not price matching anymore

Found 9th Sep 2017
I went in my local today and was told they no longer price match. Anyone else getting this from them?

Quite disappointed by the decision but I can understand it. Just looking to see if anyone else has got that same message.

Cheers.
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
I don't shop at Grainger (in-store) because there isn't one close by for quite some distance. I have noticed quite a drop in their CEX price matches online though as of late, they don't seem quite as competitive with their online pricing, so it does look like it could be the new company policy, sadly

Have a quick look at the latest deals posted for them on the site, they are very far and few between at the moment.
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 9th Sep 2017
BuzzDuraband13 m ago

Have a quick look at the latest deals posted for them on the site, they …Have a quick look at the latest deals posted for them on the site, they are very far and few between at the moment.

That could just indicate their affiliate fees are lower than other retailers.
Cr0m5 m ago

That could just indicate their affiliate fees are lower than other …That could just indicate their affiliate fees are lower than other retailers.

Possibly.

Although I'm not sure you thought that through 100%, did you? If their affiliate 'fees' were lower, would they not be showcased more?

I think you meant conversion rates
BuzzDuraband35 m ago

Possibly.Although I'm not sure you thought that through 100%, did you? If …Possibly.Although I'm not sure you thought that through 100%, did you? If their affiliate 'fees' were lower, would they not be showcased more?I think you meant conversion rates

Fees can be paid both ways.
I'll do the English, you do the cdkeys etc. deals?
Cr0m4 m ago

Fees can be paid both ways. I'll do the English, you do the cdkeys etc. …Fees can be paid both ways. I'll do the English, you do the cdkeys etc. deals?

BuzzDuraband1 h, 34 m ago

I don't shop at Grainger (in-store) because there isn't one close by for …I don't shop at Grainger (in-store) because there isn't one close by for quite some distance. I have noticed quite a drop in their CEX price matches online though as of late, they don't seem quite as competitive with their online pricing, so it does look like it could be the new company policy, sadly Have a quick look at the latest deals posted for them on the site, they are very far and few between at the moment.

They did blame it on Cex's inflated pricing. It is a concern to other retailers offering price matching. Suggest it may be better if other retailers just exclude them (Cex) if it returns in future.
Hiltron094 m ago

They did blame it on Cex's inflated pricing. It is a concern to other …They did blame it on Cex's inflated pricing. It is a concern to other retailers offering price matching. Suggest it may be better if other retailers just exclude them (Cex) if it returns in future.

It seems to becoming less and less is the price matching (unless of course you're Base and willing to slap a penny off everything ) even Amazon seem to be resisiliant to the good old price match now
Well of all retailers Base could never be accused of breaching competition laws.

Funnily enough got a 'sealed' copy of breath of the wild from them (Grainger) today. Maybe they really are changing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants