Posted 26 May 2017

Grainger Games - Reviews

I thought it was about time we had a discussions about Grainger Games as its been a few years.

Current Standing on TrustPilot Grainger: Poor 4.6 from 0 - 10.

From personal experience customer service response time hasn't been to bad, maybe 3/4 days has been my longest wait. The bad side is the response's are pretty half arsed with little help or assurance.

Unfortunately I have never received a single game I have ordered from them 3/3 soon to be 4 out of 4 - Always cancelled at the 7 day mark of "Processing" as it never looks like they are going to post even thought it state's In-stock.

Has anyone had a successful purchase with Grainger Games via HUKD ?

It's a shame really, I would like an alternative to Game.

Please post your good & bad experiences.
Community Updates
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    6/10
    I ordered something that was posted as a deal on here and received it no problem.
    Guess that's a 9/10 or 10/10 ???
    I've made several purchases with them and only ever had one issue - I ordered a copy of the Atlas Edition of CoD: Advanced Warfare and what they sent had the game in a standard case rather than a SteelBook. A quick email to customer services later and they sent a replacement, no questions asked, and didn't need me to return the first copy.

Aside from that - they're on the slow side with shipping orders, but everything that I've ordered has arrived.
    i ordered something weds that was in stock still on processing but now there no stock today first time and last time ill bother with there site . could not even get the complaints form to work ether
    Ive been ordering with them the past month or so and they have delivered everything although they take a while.
    Just looked on my account and can see I have placed 30 orders in past 3 months. That's equal to 10 orders a month. Didn't have any major problems BUT they have started sending me crap quality games (I only buy preowned) lots of games are being sent with broken cases. I have already told them and they didn't do anything about it so I told them I'm going to cut as much as I can and spending money elsewhere. They didn't give a f...
    mixmixi

Just looked on my account and can see I have placed 30 orders in past 3 … Just looked on my account and can see I have placed 30 orders in past 3 months. That's equal to 10 orders a month. Didn't have any major problems BUT they have started sending me crap quality games (I only buy preowned) lots of games are being sent with broken cases. I have already told them and they didn't do anything about it so I told them I'm going to cut as much as I can and spending money elsewhere. They didn't give a f...

So they wont even compensate/replace them for you?
    1 order placed 1 order received can't complain.
    i cant even rate them. its a big avoid from me
    jamierichardson129

i cant even rate them. its a big avoid from me

What did they do with your order(s)?
    (edited)
    never had an issue with them, im not sure how many i have ordered but its more than 2. i had the injustice 2 premium edition cancelled but thats fair enough
    My main issue is buying new games from them and the ate never sealed, they are always open and frequently have marks on the disc. If the item is new then where have the marks came from? I've bought pre owned games in better condition than Graingers supposedly 'new'!
    Nothing ever sealed and as such not 'new'. Pig-ignorant staff in store also (in the 4 branches I've been to at least)
    sion22

So they wont even compensate/replace them for you?

They have never offered refund. They once sent me two second hand replacement case for one of my orders. After that kept giving me labels to return. When I return they take the disc and content out and put it in a new case and sad them back again. With one of the recent orders my main complaint was the disc not the case but they did the same again. I told them I won't be sending anything back but I'll cut as much as I can.
    5/7
    I have bought three used games from them, all were delivered quickly and i had no issues,
    I guess it is luck of the draw,
    (edited)
    My brother ordered the Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Edition, last Monday and it arrived like Wednesday/Thursday via 24h Royal Mail - although the same issue as most - 'new' but not sealed but the pass worked fine
    MrCollective

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Current Standing on TrustPilot Grainger: Poor 4.6 … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Current Standing on TrustPilot Grainger: Poor 4.6 from 0 - 10..\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Your problem is trusting trustpilot, people only post on their when they want to moan. Just look at ever hotdealers favourite John Lewis and then think of another name for trustpilot

uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com
    Grainger games?

Obligatory:

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2011/10/how-an-unknown-games-retailer-committed-suicide-at-a-gaming-awards-event/

Id avoid!

Games they sell as new are not new I've had plenty of new games scratched from them and the second hand are in such a poor condition it's not worth your time.

The staff in Sunderland and the Metro are so rude and unhelpful

So, avoid!
    I bought a 'New' game that was clearly second hand. if they wanna try it on fine, but they lose out in the end. I spend hundreds of pounds a year on games and now none of that goes in their pocket. id rather pay more for better customer service.
    Author
    Thanks for all the feedback, looks like a hit and miss service with these guys then.

Spoke to them regarding my current order, have now been informed its out of stock but states in-stock. 8 days after purchase it still has not been dispatched this will be 4/4 orders cancelled.

Reading the following article regarding Games Media Awards personally I'm done with them which is a shame really because the do some good deals.
's avatar