Grainger Games to stop the 10% discount codes

Found 10th May 2017
I have been a regular customer of them for months. Their pricing policy is based on CeX (always 1p cheaper) but they do offer delivery and a 10% code that you can apply for next order. This normally makes their pricing very competitive and on many occasions I even preferred them over Boomerang to order preowned games. But since last week I have no codes being sent after placing orders. So, I did drop an email to see if this is a glitch with the website and this is the reply I've got:

Hi,

This has now ended we are no longer offering these codes. New offers may be available soon but at the moment we are not running any promotions online.

Many Thanks

Many thanks,
Stacey
Grainger Games

That is really a shame. I wish they do offer a better promo instead as they don't offer cashback as well... Just thought I'd let everyone know in case if they were thinking of buying anything for the sake of that 10% code...
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments
Ah thats a shame. Oh well at least they still offer free delivery on their stuff and it's usually still quite cheap without codes for stuff. I never bought the more expensive stuff so the 10% stuff never really discounted too much for me.
Original Poster
Gamerofgames

Ah thats a shame. Oh well at least they still offer free delivery on … Ah thats a shame. Oh well at least they still offer free delivery on their stuff and it's usually still quite cheap without codes for stuff. I never bought the more expensive stuff so the 10% stuff never really discounted too much for me.

It helped me a lot as I was buying at least one (sometimes up to 4 games) per week.
That's definitely a shame That said, I didn't actually end up using the codes all that much... though at least twice, I had something to buy the day after a previous code had just expired!
I blame Buzz for that ps Pro deal X)
Edited by: "Bure11" 10th May 2017
Original Poster
Illusionary

That's definitely a shame That said, I didn't actually end up using … That's definitely a shame That said, I didn't actually end up using the codes all that much... though at least twice, I had something to buy the day after a previous code had just expired!

The code could have saved many or preowned consoles etc too. It is just odd what is going on with retailers. I remember last year Shopto was very competitive in terms of their pricing. But this year they kind of pushed back. The market is only in hands of a few retailers at the moment which is bad... The rest are kind of leaving the pitch somehow...
Bure11

I blame Buzz for that ps Pro deal X)

I blame the children...

[ gizmodo.co.uk/201…nt/ ]
Original Poster
fanpages

I blame the children...[ … I blame the children...[ http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2011/10/how-an-unknown-games-retailer-committed-suicide-at-a-gaming-awards-event/ ]

Interestingly I was reading that article yesterday... Oh well, I was just trying to find an official reason for the change ended up reading that instead...
mixmixi

The code could have saved many or preowned consoles etc too. It is just … The code could have saved many or preowned consoles etc too. It is just odd what is going on with retailers. I remember last year Shopto was very competitive in terms of their pricing. But this year they kind of pushed back. The market is only in hands of a few retailers at the moment which is bad... The rest are kind of leaving the pitch somehow...

It feels like games sales are declining in general. A lot of great games "under-performing" recently...
Original Poster
Krooner

It feels like games sales are declining in general. A lot of great games … It feels like games sales are declining in general. A lot of great games "under-performing" recently...

Well that could be related to other external factors, imo. But the completion between game retailers is now coming to an end from what I see, haha. Prices are more or less the same. Seems like they're all reaching to agreements to have their share of market... that's bad for us, consumers!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions