Gran Turismo 5 2.17 update

Found 9th Feb 2015
Hi there,

Haven't played GT5 in a while so thought I'd give it a go once again.

Upon starting the game it says about update 2.17 being available so I begin downloading update 1/27.

I've got BT fibre optic and have got the PS3 wired to the router so speed is no issue at all.

However, the update keeps crashing at the same exact point - around update 18/27, which causes the whole thing to crash and upon restarting it goes back to update 1/27.

The update in question is 107mb, fully downloads but then crashes as it's instsalling.

I've tried several different ways of downloading the update, including downloading a few updates at a time, installing and then starting the game, shutting the PS3 down and then continuing, but alas, no luck.

It corrupts the whole install, including the 8gb disc installation.

I've also tried going into safe mode and restoring the file system and then rebuilding the database, neither of which has helped.

I am at my absolute wits' end with this, any ideas?
Community Updates
MiscGran TurismoPS3
4 Comments
Call $ony and raise merry hell, they may even give you a 14day ps+ trial.
Is the update available anywhere online? If so, you could download it on the PC, put it on a USB stick and install it that way? I know you could do it with firmware updates many moons ago but not so sure about game updates.
Play the game 1st before taking any update

Start game eg boot it up cancel update when offered, Start game to try and play, sign in when asked then when asked to update again say yes.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 10th Feb 2015
Original Poster
smizzlopi

Is the update available anywhere online? If so, you could download it on … Is the update available anywhere online? If so, you could download it on the PC, put it on a USB stick and install it that way? I know you could do it with firmware updates many moons ago but not so sure about game updates.

Unfortunately you can't download upates for the games on a PC, only the PS3 itself.

@dontasciime - I'll give that a try and see if it works. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions