Groups
    EXPIRED

GRAND THEFT AUTO 4

Banned
    Right folks, GTA 4 will be with us soon and by the sounds of it most stores have stopped taking pre-orders and I'd rather walk into a store and buy it on the day!

So whats the best store to get it from when its out?

Its gonna be massive, so hopefully all the stores will be fighting for our custom so anyone who works at Game, Gamestation, HMV, etc know of any deals that will be on when its actually out?

Anything free? Cheaper than anywhere else? Exclusives?

I figure somebody who works for these stores must know about a deal for it

23 Comments

If it's PS3 your after it's been put on a few sites that 'it'll be harder to find it unpre-ordered on PS3 than a wii on first week of release'

I don't know if it's bull or not so don't take it as fact.

Banned

Will it be hard to find on the 360? I want to get mine on lauch day

tr2k8;1884934

Will it be hard to find on the 360? I want to get mine on lauch day

Not sure, I haved mine pre-ordered in blockbuster.

Ive pre-ordered from HMV. Going to use 10% student discount and a £3 mcdonalds thing if possible

I pre-ordered mine at Zavvi for £38 - 10% for using a Virgin card and it comes with a 3 Month Live card

Robotochan;1885054

I pre-ordered mine at Zavvi for £38 - 10% for using a Virgin card and it … I pre-ordered mine at Zavvi for £38 - 10% for using a Virgin card and it comes with a 3 Month Live card

Possibly get a student there?
    another 10% off?

No idea t0mm, I done it online but the offer is available instore, might be worth a try?

Right folks, GTA 4 will be with us soon and by the sounds of it most … Right folks, GTA 4 will be with us soon and by the sounds of it most stores have stopped taking pre-orders and I'd rather walk into a store and buy it on the day!

Good luck doing that mate - you will have to come in pretty early - mario kart sold out in an 2 hours where i work

Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco?

Alfonse;1885319

Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco?

harrods

dandoc2;1885373

harrods

Big national chain, I know there's one near me.

Banned

dandoc2;1885373

Poor Man's Harrods

Also known as Tesco.

If everywhere in town has sold out try Whsmith.. I worked there and we were the last people to sell out of San Andreas the day it came out

JDeal;1885383

Also known as Tesco.

Not for much longer im afraid though

Banned

dandoc2;1885394

Not for much longer im afraid though

What are you afraid of Daniel? Have you been headhunted? It isn't as bad as it sounds.

JDeal;1885404

What are you afraid of Daniel? Have you been headhunted? It isn't as bad … What are you afraid of Daniel? Have you been headhunted? It isn't as bad as it sounds.

I mean im not going to be there much longer
    Headhunted wtf yer ive been selected to clean the streets

Theres no point in pre-ordering GTA4. In no way would GTA 4 be sold out, it would be the publishers worst nightmare if theres still people wanting the game but no stock of the game to sell.

Pre-orders are made to scare the consumers into thinking its "limited" stock and by preordering your tied into that store for the purchase, garuanteeing that store money. Many of my friends pre-ordered Halo 3 yet a few of my friends could walk into any store they want and and buy the game without a pre-order at a cheaper price than my friends who preordered.

manzi;1885470

Theres no point in pre-ordering GTA4. In no way would GTA 4 be sold out, … Theres no point in pre-ordering GTA4. In no way would GTA 4 be sold out, it would be the publishers worst nightmare if theres still people wanting the game but no stock of the game to sell.Pre-orders are made to scare the consumers into thinking its "limited" stock and by preordering your tied into that store for the purchase, garuanteeing that store money. Many of my friends pre-ordered Halo 3 yet a few of my friends could walk into any store they want and and buy the game without a pre-order at a cheaper price than my friends who preordered.

San andreas was out of stock for like 2 weeks when it was released

manzi;1885470

Theres no point in pre-ordering GTA4. In no way would GTA 4 be sold out, … Theres no point in pre-ordering GTA4. In no way would GTA 4 be sold out, it would be the publishers worst nightmare if theres still people wanting the game but no stock of the game to sell.Pre-orders are made to scare the consumers into thinking its "limited" stock and by preordering your tied into that store for the purchase, garuanteeing that store money. Many of my friends pre-ordered Halo 3 yet a few of my friends could walk into any store they want and and buy the game without a pre-order at a cheaper price than my friends who preordered.

when halo 3 came out i walked into Blockbusters to get my pre ordered copy, they had stacks of ones for general sale at the front of the store.
    My mate went in at lunch time and every single copy had gone:whistling:

Ordered Spesh Edish from HMV, anyone else pre-ordered from there? If so, release date or couple of days after jobby?

stratomaster;1885536

when halo 3 came out i walked into Blockbusters to get my pre ordered … when halo 3 came out i walked into Blockbusters to get my pre ordered copy, they had stacks of ones for general sale at the front of the store. My mate went in at lunch time and every single copy had gone:whistling:

Im guessing at some places the game sells out where at others it doesnt :thumbsup:

manzi;1885470

Theres no point in pre-ordering GTA4. In no way would GTA 4 be sold out,.

yeah your rigfht I was just referring to his part of your post:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

I went and picked up San Andreas on the day it came out and there were loads of copies available

They didn't sell out at all near me.

I agree with a previous comment that its the publishers worst nightmare if this sells out so I very much doubt they will not release enough copies as they will be losing out to people rushing through the game and selling second hand.

The point of the thread though is does anyone know of any deals when its released not when its pre-order?
    Someone MUST know something surely!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions