Groups

Grandparents names

Maternal Grandmother = Gran Gran
    Maternal Grandfather = Grandad
    Paternal Grandmother = Granny
    Paternal Grandfather = *Called him by his nickname.

You now know me a little better.

11 Comments

and happier for it Saint!

Original Poster

Thanks for unspamming mods.

Although I can see why some found it to be offensive.

Mums side, Grandma and Grandad. Dads side Granny (RIP) and Grandad

Edited by: "numptyj" 14th Mar 2011

Banned

You now know me a little better.

Paternal Grandfather = database.

Was it a quiz with a clue?

Banned

thesaint

Thanks for unspamming mods.Although I can see why some found it to be … Thanks for unspamming mods.Although I can see why some found it to be offensive.

offensive?

paranoid much

thats what the spam buttons there for isnt it.......or has it been renamed the "offensive" button now

my son calls my parents Nanny and Gar ( because he couldnt say grandad when he was little) hubby parents he calls them new nanny & gar solely because he never see's them, they didnt even come up for christmas or call , even after the snow went they sent his present up with my sister in law. sorry rant over

he used to call my hubbys nan , nanna great because she was ! she passed last year aged 98
    Edited by: "vinylandtrinkets" 14th Mar 2011

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/Subirimagenb/a-5.gif

Maternal Grandmother = Nan
    Maternal Grandad= Gaga
    Paternal Grandmother = ' Cowie' ( What me and my mum called her as she was orrible )
    Paternal Grandad= 'poor sod' ( because of the above ) sometimes Grandad

You now know me a little better

Maternal Grandmother = Nana
    Maternal Grandfather = Gaga
    Paternal Grandmother = Granny
    Paternal Grandfather = Grandad

Though I would add that they are all now up in the big sheltered housing the sky unfortunately.

Maternal Grandmother = Nan
    Maternal Grandfather = Grandad
    Paternal Grandmother = Mamgu
    Paternal Grandfather = Tadcu

Though I would add that they are all now up in the big sheltered housing the sky unfortunately.
    Mine too.

chesso

Maternal Grandmother = NanMaternal Grandfather = GrandadPaternal … Maternal Grandmother = NanMaternal Grandfather = GrandadPaternal Grandmother = MamguPaternal Grandfather = TadcuThough I would add that they are all now up in the big sheltered housing the sky unfortunately.Mine too.

Love the names for your paternal grandparents

I only ever had one grandparent on each side and always felt very jealous of other peoples.
    Very happy with the one grandparent I have now a Yiayia inherited from my hubby 101 this year. Yiayia, not hubby

My children had Grandma and Grandad, on my side, Yiayia and Papoose on their Fathers side.(Greek)

Miss them all warts'n all, so we are very lucky to have the Megally (Great) Yiayia who is an absolute legend!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common610
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764209
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31137
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166

See more discussions