Granite/quartz kitchen worktop northwest London

Found 20th Jul
Can someone please suggest Granite/quartz kitchen worktop supplier at northwest London i.e. Ruislip/Hillingdon/Hayes/Southall/Wembley area?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskKitchenLondon
4 Comments
I can’t actually recommend one as I live in Essex, however when I chose my granite kitchen worktops I went to countless showrooms and each time the assistant showed me a 8” tile sample, not much good if you’re looking for a big expanse as often the granite (being natural stone) would have different colouring/striations throughout a large slab. Making the choice even harder.

Eventually I visited a large granite supplier that allowed me to wander around their yard in between the 3-4meter slabs.
I’ve looked online and found Imperial Marble on the North Circular toward Brent Cross and they have the large slabs you can pick from.
Depending on the lengths you need, perhaps an island, window sill or upstand, pick the slabs that will work best with your kitchen design, For example, if you choose a granite with a small speckled pattern, cutting the granite from the patterns in any direction the pattern should match throughout. However if you pick a slab that has a striation/lines going across you need to ask the best way to cut the slab so that the lines match up (going straight across the work top, continuing up the upstand and over the edge onto the window sill (if that makes sense).
Sometimes a slab might have a ‘feature pattern’ in the colouring, you could ask for that area to be cut out and used as the hob splash back to create a specialfocal point etc.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 20th Jul
Toptrumpet2 h, 11 m ago

I can’t actually recommend one as I live in Essex, however when I chose my …I can’t actually recommend one as I live in Essex, however when I chose my granite kitchen worktops I went to countless showrooms and each time the assistant showed me a 8” tile sample, not much good if you’re looking for a big expanse as often the granite (being natural stone) would have different colouring/striations throughout a large slab. Making the choice even harder. Eventually I visited a large granite supplier that allowed me to wander around their yard in between the 3-4meter slabs.I’ve looked online and found Imperial Marble on the North Circular toward Brent Cross and they have the large slabs you can pick from.Depending on the lengths you need, perhaps an island, window sill or upstand, pick the slabs that will work best with your kitchen design, For example, if you choose a granite with a small speckled pattern, cutting the granite from the patterns in any direction the pattern should match throughout. However if you pick a slab that has a striation/lines going across you need to ask the best way to cut the slab so that the lines match up (going straight across the work top, continuing up the upstand and over the edge onto the window sill (if that makes sense).Sometimes a slab might have a ‘feature pattern’ in the colouring, you could ask for that area to be cut out and used as the hob splash back to create a specialfocal point etc.

Do they come & fit as well?
Looking at their website I’m not sure, they do give out technical advise though and I would imagine they must have regular companies that they supply to that do the pattern making and fitting and they could recommend a few they work closely with.
I just thought it looked a good place to have a trip out to and wander amongst the slabs to get an idea of colours/patterns and price per m2.
The place in Essex I bought mine worked alongside another company that actually cut and ground the stone and I think it was their fitters that organised the pattern taking and fitting.
We used GMQ marble in Park Royal a couple of years ago.
I shopped around alot (too much) and they were much cheaper than others and they fitted.
They have a yard with all the slabs and its all cut onsite, so you are cutting out the middle man.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants