Granting access to multiple user account in windows 7?

3 replies
Found 28th Jan 2011
I want to create two administrator accounts (so that both can install softwares, etc) on the same win 7 pc but I dont want one of them to view another's folders and files.
For example, at the moment they could just go to C:\Users\ and choose a particular user's folder under harddrive and view all the files on desktop or in "my documents", etc. I dont want that. So how can you restrict administrator accounts?

I read somewhere that i could password protect a folder with truecrypt but password-locking a whole user's folder is prolly not recommended.

3 Comments

Have you tried to manually change the Folder security, by removing all the extra approved members and leaving just that users account.

Original Poster

BuzzC

Have you tried to manually change the Folder security, by removing all … Have you tried to manually change the Folder security, by removing all the extra approved members and leaving just that users account.

good idea. will try

but they could always give themselves ownership of folder since they are admins too???
Edited by: "hotukdeals5" 28th Jan 2011

Original Poster

BuzzC

Have you tried to manually change the Folder security, by removing all … Have you tried to manually change the Folder security, by removing all the extra approved members and leaving just that users account.

ok i did that but its taking a while since its applying those permissions to every file/folder in the user account folder
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604839
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1730
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769637
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514673

See more discussions