Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Graphics card

Posted 25th Nov
is a gtx 710 good enough to be able to play fortnight and age of empires?
just ordered cheap gameing pc can upgrade it later on if i need to
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
No its a horrible card will just run Age of empires on medium but not well and would depend on rest of PC specs wether it was even worth upgrading the 710 is a basic model. the onboard graphics on most chips are better than this card.
No, what’s the rest of the pc if it was built when the card came out your pc will be getting old and might not play latest games....
Bargainhead25/11/2019 13:45

No, what’s the rest of the pc if it was built when the card came out your p …No, what’s the rest of the pc if it was built when the card came out your pc will be getting old and might not play latest games....

Its 8gb ram quad core processor with 710gtx i don't need it to run aaa games just games like age of empires
Edited by: "_Tris_" 25th Nov
Luckyluke0225/11/2019 13:41

No its a horrible card will just run Age of empires on medium but not well …No its a horrible card will just run Age of empires on medium but not well and would depend on rest of PC specs wether it was even worth upgrading the 710 is a basic model. the onboard graphics on most chips are better than this card.

8gb ram quad core processor 1tb storage i just wanted something to run basic games
@_Tris_ 8gb ram quad core processor 1tb storage i just wanted something to run basic games

reccomended for fortnite
  • CPU: Core i5 2.8GHz
  • RAM: 8GB RAM
  • HDD: 16GB Free Space
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7870 or equivalent video card with dedicated memory of 2GB or higher VRAM.
  • DirectX: Version 11 or better

you would be better off with a SSD and do you know what quad core processor? and the RAM DDR3 or 4?
you would need to upgrade the graphics card
Edited by: "Luckyluke02" 25th Nov
Luckyluke0225/11/2019 15:05

@_Tris_ 8gb ram quad core processor 1tb storage i just wanted something …@_Tris_ 8gb ram quad core processor 1tb storage i just wanted something to run basic gamesreccomended for fortnite CPU: Core i5 2.8GHzRAM: 8GB RAMHDD: 16GB Free SpaceGPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7870 or equivalent video card with dedicated memory of 2GB or higher VRAM.OS: Windows 7, 8.1, or Windows 10 64-bitDirectX: Version 11 or better you would be better off with a SSD and do you know what quad core processor? and the RAM DDR3 or 4?you would need to upgrade the graphics card

8gb ddr3, it says intel quad core processor, its arriving tommorow can i just stick a really good graphics card in there in the future? If it runs age of empires im happy and general pc use, i have console for most games
_Tris_25/11/2019 15:14

8gb ddr3, it says intel quad core processor, its arriving tommorow can i …8gb ddr3, it says intel quad core processor, its arriving tommorow can i just stick a really good graphics card in there in the future? If it runs age of empires im happy and general pc use, i have console for most games

thats over 200 different CPUs so without knowing what model it is i dont know i wouldnt put a graphics card worth more than £100 into it really if you put a really good graphics card in the rest wouldnt keep up so it wouldnt use it guess it doesnt even say what speed the RAM is running at if it doesnt even say the CPU model. where have you bought this from with so little info? (just so I can avoid)
The GT 710 was an entry level card when it launched back in 2013. These days it's the slowest graphics card you can buy - substantially slower than the integrated graphics built into modern CPUs. It primarily exists these days as a basic card for workstations whose CPUs don't have integrated graphics and as a secondary card to add more monitor outputs

In short, you've been ripped off if you were sold it as a gaming machine. For gaming you'll get better frame rates by removing it - assuming the 'intel quad core' you bought wasn't also a rip-off (e.g. an ancient one from over a decade ago that's a fraction of the performance of a new one).
_Tris_25/11/2019 15:14

8gb ddr3, it says intel quad core processor, its arriving tommorow can i …8gb ddr3, it says intel quad core processor, its arriving tommorow can i just stick a really good graphics card in there in the future? If it runs age of empires im happy and general pc use, i have console for most games

What intel quad core. Like I said if it’s a old one you maybe better off refusing it and get money back. My friend had an old i7 but it won’t run red dead redemption 2, he had a good gpu in it as well.... I know you don’t want a aaa game machine but you might not have a machine fit for purpose already...
EndlessWaves25/11/2019 15:25

The GT 710 was an entry level card when it launched back in 2013. These …The GT 710 was an entry level card when it launched back in 2013. These days it's the slowest graphics card you can buy - substantially slower than the integrated graphics built into modern CPUs. It primarily exists these days as a basic card for workstations whose CPUs don't have integrated graphics and as a secondary card to add more monitor outputs In short, you've been ripped off if you were sold it as a gaming machine. For gaming you'll get better frame rates by removing it - assuming the 'intel quad core' you bought wasn't also a rip-off (e.g. an ancient one from over a decade ago that's a fraction of the performance of a new one).

Oh ok should i return it then and find a better one it only cost just under £100 , do you know if dpd return to sender if you dont accept delivery
Bargainhead25/11/2019 15:27

What intel quad core. Like I said if it’s a old one you maybe better off r …What intel quad core. Like I said if it’s a old one you maybe better off refusing it and get money back. My friend had an old i7 but it won’t run red dead redemption 2, he had a good gpu in it as well.... I know you don’t want a aaa game machine but you might not have a machine fit for purpose already...

Yeah i dont know alot about pc stuff so i might aswell refuse delivery tommorow for a refund?
_Tris_25/11/2019 15:32

Oh ok should i return it then and find a better one it only cost just …Oh ok should i return it then and find a better one it only cost just under £100

s000.tinyupload.com/ind…690
could be any of these intel cpus even the atom x3 range
yes get rid if you want to do gaming save up for something a little better
Luckyluke0225/11/2019 15:33

s000.tinyupload.com/ind…690could be any of these intel cpus even the atom x …s000.tinyupload.com/ind…690could be any of these intel cpus even the atom x3 range yes get rid if you want to do gaming save up for something a little better

Ok thanks for help i guess i will refuse delivery tommorow and ask for refund
Bargainhead25/11/2019 15:27

What intel quad core. Like I said if it’s a old one you maybe better off r …What intel quad core. Like I said if it’s a old one you maybe better off refusing it and get money back. My friend had an old i7 but it won’t run red dead redemption 2, he had a good gpu in it as well.... I know you don’t want a aaa game machine but you might not have a machine fit for purpose already...

Dont know what core it is just says intel quad core whats a good core for general gameing
_Tris_25/11/2019 15:35

Dont know what core it is just says intel quad core whats a good core for …Dont know what core it is just says intel quad core whats a good core for general gameing

An i5 is a good core but you need at least a 4590k or 6600k be better as the first is 5 years old now...
_Tris_25/11/2019 15:34

Ok thanks for help i guess i will refuse delivery tommorow and ask for …Ok thanks for help i guess i will refuse delivery tommorow and ask for refund

If you see something else send me a link I’ll have a look see if it’s fit for purpose for you...
Bargainhead25/11/2019 15:44

An i5 is a good core but you need at least a 4590k or 6600k be better as …An i5 is a good core but you need at least a 4590k or 6600k be better as the first is 5 years old now...

Yeah so now i want to return this pc back its due for delivery tommorow do i contact seller to contact dpd for return or do i refuse the delivery
It's a bit unfair on the seller to simply refuse delivery if you didn't understand what you were purchasing.

Of course if it was falsely advertised or the specs don't match the description that's another mater but to mess the seller around because you "don't know a lot about PC stuff" seems a little unfair imho.
Edited by: ".Griff." 25th Nov
.Griff.25/11/2019 16:00

It's a bit unfair on the seller to simply refuse delivery if you didn't …It's a bit unfair on the seller to simply refuse delivery if you didn't understand what your were purchasing.Of course if it was falsely advertised or the specs don't match the description that's another mater but to mess the seller around because you "don't know a lot about PC stuff" seems a little unfair imho.

Refuse delivery means it returns to sender and i get refund no one loses out he false advertising saying fast gameing machine when its not i didnt know
_Tris_25/11/2019 15:47

Yeah so now i want to return this pc back its due for delivery tommorow do …Yeah so now i want to return this pc back its due for delivery tommorow do i contact seller to contact dpd for return or do i refuse the delivery

you could contact seller and say its not a fast gaming machine and wont accept delivery see what they say, in the end you can always refuse if they get akward.... you ask what i5 it is as well. i dont see how they can call a gtx 710 a fast machine...
Where was it advertsed? Please copy/paste a link. I'm intrigued to see what was listed.
Bargainhead25/11/2019 16:38

you could contact seller and say its not a fast gaming machine and wont …you could contact seller and say its not a fast gaming machine and wont accept delivery see what they say, in the end you can always refuse if they get akward.... you ask what i5 it is as well. i dont see how they can call a gtx 710 a fast machine...

Thankfully the seller was understanding and has cancelled delivery and refunded me yes it said ultra fast gameing machine i only found out on here how bad a gtx 710 really is
.Griff.25/11/2019 16:50

Where was it advertsed? Please copy/paste a link. I'm intrigued to see …Where was it advertsed? Please copy/paste a link. I'm intrigued to see what was listed.

Yes here you go says ultrafast machine only found out on here that a gtx710 is garbage
rover.ebay.com/rov…753
_Tris_25/11/2019 18:02

Yes here you go says ultrafast machine only found out on here that a …Yes here you go says ultrafast machine only found out on here that a gtx710 is garbage on here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F274093089753

Fair enough. That listing screams avoid at all costs.

The only listings worse are the "4 GHZ x 4 Core = 16 GHZ Processor" crap we used to see.

On that basis I wouldn't blame you rejecting it. There's a distinction between your every day individual selling his used PC and something else entirely misleading people with listings like that.
Edited by: ".Griff." 25th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants