Graphics card

Posted 12th May
So I bought one of those cheap RX570 refurbished eBay cards about a month ago for £60, and the fan has failed. anyone can recommend any good replacements around that price range or should I shell out for a brand new one?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Refurbished normally comes with some sort of warranty otherwise its just used. I'd check that first.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 12th May
What brand was it ?
zworld12/05/2020 22:36

What brand was it ?

Sapphire Pulse, I've had two of those fail on me so I don't recommend
dcx_badass12/05/2020 20:09

Refurbished normally comes with some sort of warranty otherwise its just …Refurbished normally comes with some sort of warranty otherwise its just used. I'd check that first.

This. Contact seller. Otherwise you might be able to get a replacement fan for a few quid.
jameshothothot13/05/2020 00:34

This. Contact seller. Otherwise you might be able to get a replacement fan …This. Contact seller. Otherwise you might be able to get a replacement fan for a few quid.

Sorry, should clarify. I think I should be able to get a refund, but not a replacement. Problem is I doubt I will be able to get the same card at the same price, just wondering if anyone has any replacement options
How about slapping on an aftermarket cooler?
I used to use the Arctic cooling ones years ago.
You can take off the current fan shroud + fans (leaving the heatsink) and ziptie 1 or 2 120mm case fans over the heatsink instead. It's not pretty but it works better than stock due to the fans being larger.
Pretty sure the fans on the rx470, 570, 580 etc are very easily replaced as they just clip in and out. It was a nice feature of these graphic cards as you could get led ones or just plain. You can get replacement fans on ebay for less than a tenner.
tk220913/05/2020 00:45

Sorry, should clarify. I think I should be able to get a refund, but not a …Sorry, should clarify. I think I should be able to get a refund, but not a replacement. Problem is I doubt I will be able to get the same card at the same price, just wondering if anyone has any replacement options

I understand. I had a quick look and cheapest uk seller was 80. Loooed at gtx 970s too. I checked cex and prices shot up there. I know the virus situation has led to severe shortages of used parts but there waa a dump of mining stuff recently when bitcoin collapsed.

I bought a refurb 480 for myself a while ago.

You might need to cough up a bit more but rx 570 etc still best bang for buck as far as I am aware.

This seller seems to have 4 listings. Could alwaya try a cheeky best offer and explain your situation. Maybe can get 70

ebay.co.uk/itm…689
Edited by: "jameshothothot" 13th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions