Groups
    EXPIRED

Graphics card

Hi all was hoping someone with a bit of knowledge could help me, i've recently bought this computer ebuyer.com/pro…iew and was looking for a graphics card with an s-video port i bought one and realised it's not compatable, i don't know to much about computers, i'm not looking for a top end card i only play small games like football manager.

If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be grateful.

8 Comments

Hi, Just been looking and it does not say what Mobo that PC has, on the review section, someone says it has a Foxconn G31MX-K Mobo, you might want to confirm this, but if it is it has a PCI-E 16x GPU slot.

I have been looking and no one seems to do a GPU card with SVideo any more, ohhh how times have changed (I have checked Novatech, Ebuyer & Scan)

I think I have a 6800GT with S-video on (The 6 series looks like its the last Nvidia card to have S-Video) it is a good card if I can find it I would be after £25 for it though, It def plays the older 2007 football manager (I cant imagine the GPU spec has changed much as this game was always RAM and CPU heavy) as I worked on the game and used it to play it lol

Let me know if your intrested and I will take a look, Also the drivers for it are online and i can point you in the direction of it if you like

I have a ATi 2600XT GDDR4 version 256mb with s-video out if your interested, £20 plus postage at cost? To give you an idea here are some benchmark scores against its rivals of the time.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/radeon-hd2600xt-gddr4/5dm_total.gif

If you don't get back to me today it will be next monday as will be away until then.

[FONT=Arial]Best bet is to phone the [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Presales Advice[/FONT][FONT=Arial]line[/FONT]
    [COLOR=#3b3b3b][FONT=Arial]Monday to Friday 9AM - 7PM on 0872 111 2222[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#3b3b3b][FONT=Arial]And ask them what motherboard this has got in it[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#3b3b3b][FONT=Tahoma] :thumbsup:[/FONT][/COLOR]

OnlyMee;6114231

[FONT=Arial]Best bet is to phone the [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Presales … [FONT=Arial]Best bet is to phone the [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Presales Advice[/FONT][FONT=Arial]line[/FONT][COLOR=#3b3b3b][FONT=Arial]Monday to Friday 9AM - 7PM on 0872 111 2222[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#3b3b3b][FONT=Arial]And ask them what motherboard this has got in it[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#3b3b3b][FONT=Tahoma] :thumbsup:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well I'm 99.9% sure it has the Foxconn G31. For checking your better off using CPU-Z and it will tell you all you need to know. ]http//ww…uz/

Original Poster

i believe it's the g31mx series if this helps. Thanks for the help so far.

Killamonjaro;6114358

i believe it's the g31mx series if this helps. Thanks for the help so far.

Yes it has. I purchased one and the celeron version (not for me) along time ago and was the first to post it as a deal.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6114271

Well I'm 99.9% sure it has the Foxconn G31. For checking your better off … Well I'm 99.9% sure it has the Foxconn G31. For checking your better off using CPU-Z and it will tell you all you need to know. http://www.filehippo.com/download_cpuz/

[FONT='Times New Roman']My suggestion was only to help someone out no need to be funny OK[/FONT]

OnlyMee;6115769

[FONT='Times New Roman']My suggestion was only to help someone out no … [FONT='Times New Roman']My suggestion was only to help someone out no need to be funny OK[/FONT]

Sorry it wasn't intended to be funny, just trying to save people some time.:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).22
      2. Private Number Plate22
      3. Switching from Apple to Andriod - Any advice?2643
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed33

See more discussions