Graphics card advice

Posted 30th Jan
I have a 1440p 165hz monitor.
I'd like to achieve at least 60fps at 1440p (ultra settings) and was wondering if the 2070 super would be a good choice? Any advice would be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Performance will always depend on what games you're playing, but the GTX 2070 Super is a good card.
Also depends on cpu, it could bottle neck the gpu... in theory yes the card will hit the FPS some games you might have to lower settings. New cards are out in the summer and they will be big improvements on these the first gen of ray tracing, also with the new consoles coming out they’ll want to out do them..
Bargainhead31/01/2020 05:36

Also depends on cpu, it could bottle neck the gpu... in theory yes the …Also depends on cpu, it could bottle neck the gpu... in theory yes the card will hit the FPS some games you might have to lower settings. New cards are out in the summer and they will be big improvements on these the first gen of ray tracing, also with the new consoles coming out they’ll want to out do them..

I'm using the i7 8700 (non k).
Sounds like it could be worth holding on...
markt9131/01/2020 23:06

I'm using the i7 8700 (non k). Sounds like it could be worth holding on...

In the world of PC hardware, there's *always* something better just around the corner.
markt9131/01/2020 23:06

I'm using the i7 8700 (non k). Sounds like it could be worth holding on...

you wont have any problems with the cpu, and for the sake of a few months i would wait and get the 3070, im holding on and going to get the 3080..
Is it a Gsync monitor?
A Gsync compatibility list Freesync monitor
A Freesync (not Gsync listed) monitor - if in this class, you may be better going for an AMD card
Or a monitor with no adaptive sync at all - For Nvidia, select Vsync = Adaptive (half refresh rate) to target 82 FPS (sync) with immediate (tearing) frame release if it can't sustain the frame rate.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants