Groups

Graphics Card Advice

I picked up the Vostro 220 that Mike T posted last week for my kids and I'm really impressed with it (in fact sorely tempted to swap it for my Mike T Inspiron 530 from last year as it is a much better looking unit!).

All I need to do now is slot in a graphics card. Eldest is only 7 so it doesn't need to be super whizzy. Probably the most demanding thing he plays at the moment is Grid on Steam. I bought an ATI Radeon HD 4670 for my Inspiron and that does the job but that was a year ago so is there anything better now in the £50 - £80 quid range that any of you would recommend? I don't want to get into fitting additional fans or replacing power supplys. I just want to plug the card in and get the kids off my PC!

Any help gratefully received as always.

Incidentally the Vostro is in a standard size tower case not the mini version.

Cheers,

Mark

3 Comments

hotukdeals.com/ite…hic

good balance of price and performance.......although its on the high end of your budget.

EDIT:

for the hd4850 you need a good PSU and see if its compatible with the motherboard, im not sure wot the vostro has.

Error

If power is an issue you can get a 4830 or a 4770 for around £50-60. Both okay for 350w+ PSU.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U8, U80, U80 Plus Smartwatches?66
      2. Customs charged too much for a little item!33
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111320
      4. Biscuit addiction2161

See more discussions