Expired

Graphics Card any Good? NVidia NVS 510 2GB

Found 25th Sep 2014
Hi

I'm interested in buying a computer which has the NVidia NVS 510 2GB graphics card in it. Anyone know if it's good for gaming? Tried google but that doesn't help.

Spec below:

Chipset Manufacturer nVidia
Product Line Quadro
Motherboard Connection PCI Express 3.0 x16
Maximum DVI Resolution 1920x1200
Maximum DisplayPort Resolution 3840x2160
Maximum Monitors Supported 4
GPU Specifications
Stream Processors 192
Memory Specifications
Video Memory 2GB
Memory Type DDR3
Memory Bus Width 128-bit
Bandwidth 28.5 GB/s
Additional Information
Cooling System Small Fan and Heatsink
DirectX Support DirectX 11
OpenGL Support 4.3
Outputs
Port 1 Mini DisplayPort
Port 2 Mini DisplayPort
Port 3 Mini DisplayPort
Port 4 Mini DisplayPort
Power Connectors
Plug 1 None
Dimensions
Length 160 mm (6.3 inches)
Height 68.9 mm (2.7 inches)

thanks
Community Updates
2 Comments
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=NVS+510
Not really, it's a business graphics card designed for multi display systems, it's not really designed for gaming at all.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1080&gid2=744&compare=geforce-gt-610-palit-2gb-ddr3-vs-quadro-nvs-510m
This comparison to a GT610 (a pretty low end card) says it all if you ask me.

Even a Radeon 6750 is a good deal faster for £50 but of course lacks the level multi monitor support that the NVS will offer in office based tasks.
You can tell it's a low end card because of the 192 stream processors and the DDR3 memory. Entry level gaming cards have at least 500 stream processors/cores/pipelines and use GDDR5 memory.

@Astec123: Your second link is for the mobile version, a completely different and significantly older model than the one in question. This NVS 510 desktop is a very similar card to the GT 630 (it's the same chip and the same memory bandwidth, nVidia doesn't seem to have published clock speeds).

I wouldn't recommend it if gaming was a priority, it has a small amount of poke but it will struggle with some games even at lowest settings. If the software you're buying a Quadro card for allows you to select which card it's using then perhaps buying a seperate card for gaming would be the way to go.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions