Groups
    EXPIRED

Graphics Card Exchange

Hi all,

I purchased this graphics card from ebuyer nearly 2 years ago for around £60 -

PowerColor HD 4670 PCS Edition 1GB DDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

To be fair its been a pretty good card and I've been able to play new games with it.

However, its began to malfunction and crash my system so am on the look out for a new card, and to be honest I don't want to pay any more than around £60 again.

Looking around I can't seem to see anything THAT much better than my old card, even though I purchased it SO long ago! 18 months is a long time in technology terms, so I thought I would be able to upgrade easier!!

Any help from bargain hunters is much appreciated!

I would prefer to shop from Ebuyer again as my card may be still under a 2 year warranty....THANKS!

BrezIT

6 Comments

Get the 5750 for about £20 more.

See comparison here:
    hwcompare.com/133…gb/

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, but cant see one for £80....I think I can stretch to £70...what Geforce card is on par or slightly better than the 4670?

I should think the geforce 9600gt would be something of the equivalent. However check your power supply can handle the graphic card of your choice, often a weak psu can crash your card especially when playing games.

jumpinjehosephat is bang on the money!

I find this useful, as a rough guide.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info lads....Oh decisions decisions......

Original Poster

Hi jumpinjehosephat ,

What do you reckon to the

Inno3D GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA Out PCI-E Graphics Card

for £90....

I know its more than I originally said, but I'm getting £60 back and can stretch and add another £30....

Unless you guys can suggest anything better for £90??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1231
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions