Groups

Graphics Card Help.

My friends computer has had problems recently whenever the screen loads up it has permanant lines running down it im pretty sure the graphics card has gone it a nvidia geforce 8800 gts oc bfg. Looking for a very cheap replacment any help guys?

9 Comments

Well the logical replacements are GTS 450, GTX 460, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5830. I would also look at replacing the PSU as it's likely to have degraded over time which may have played a part in the 8800 gts downfall.

Could try baking it may buy him a few months.

Banned

use the onboard graphics port

8800 gts oc bfg will have a life time guarantee if you have a receipt.

Banned

antony4462

8800 gts oc bfg will have a life time guarantee if you have a receipt.

bfg went into administration and dont offer there warranty anymore, quite harsh i know but read around forums they dont offer any replacements or anything.

OP unfortunetly 8800 have a thing about dieing, mine died and wouldnt post any pictures, and whilst someone stated the baking trick it rarely works as ive tried and so did my friend with his 8800 and nothing, best of just buying a new card.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Want a card the same or better, of just anything that works?

any that works mate cheap as possible

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Thishttp://www.scan.co.uk/products/512mb-palit-gt-220-800mhz-gddr2-gpu-635mhz-shader-1360mhz-48-cores-d-sub-dl-dvi-iorhttp://www.scan.co.uk/products/512mb-asus-gt-210-800mhz-gddr2-gpu-589mhz-shader-1402mhz-16-cores-d-sub-dual-link-dvi-i-hdmiFirst is a fair bit better and only a bit more.

and they will both just plug into my motherboard and work?

Original Poster

thanks mate i liked you comments as a way of giving you some sort of rep

Original Poster

Dannysubaru

and they will both just plug into my motherboard and work?

This is the same right
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285997
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523460
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions