Groups

Graphics card help please

Am needing a graphics card for a hackintosh I am building, according to their wiki an Asus 8400GS Silent 512MB DDR2 works perfectly out of the box.

Not sure if It's compatible with my mobo, a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H H55

I know it takes ddr3 RAM but know very little about graphics cards so don't know if the fact it says ddr2 even matters?

6 Comments

It will work fine, i'm literally in the middle of building a hackintosh now with a gigabyte eq45m-s2 i'm just cloning my osx disk to usb now.
    Edited by: "danmc" 27th Nov 2010

Original Poster

You using iboot and multibeast?

Seemed to be working fine but I forgot that integrated graphics aren't supported, will buy that one then as long as it will work!!

Original Poster

dcx_badass

DRR2 and DDR3? What?!? What ram your motherboard takes has nothing to do … DRR2 and DDR3? What?!? What ram your motherboard takes has nothing to do with graphics cards.Motherboard has PCI-E, graphics card is PCI-E, it will work.

This is what I presumed, but hey, if you don't ask you don't know.

sancho1983

You using iboot and multibeast?Seemed to be working fine but I forgot … You using iboot and multibeast?Seemed to be working fine but I forgot that integrated graphics aren't supported, will buy that one then as long as it will work!!

Havent got that far yet was planning on using this guide lifehacker.com/567…eps

Original Poster

Yeah, that's the method I am using.

Will get the graphics card asap and hopefully installing it will be easier
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851340
      2. £75 voucher for Argos, M&S or NEXT when you take out Life Insurance (£63.90…88
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?25
      4. Important info for Ryanair customers1418

See more discussions