Groups

Graphics Card or PSU....You Decide

Don't know which i want/need to get. My currect system specs are below. Budget £100

Asus P5N-E SLI 650i mobo
    E6550 core 2 duo CPU
    4gb OCZ pc2 6400 ram
    XFX 8600GTS XXX version 256MB DDR3 DVI PCI-E Graphics Card
    FSP SAGA ATX Power Supply 450w PSU
    maplin.co.uk/mod…1m7
    4 hdd- 500gb-80gb-80gb-80gb
    cdrw
    dvdrw

I was told previously best graphics to get would be the 4800 series but not sure my PSU is upto par.

It's probably just a setting or something but the reason i am asking is because when i am playing Battlefield2 there are artifacts. (Black circles on the ground). I am not upto par on all the different settings and stuff. So i am afraid to go in and just start changing them.

8 Comments

for £100 get an 8800gt 512mb but if you can stretch 30 more the 4850 is the card to get and it will work fine with that psu unless your are planning an overclock.

jocksteeluk;2432402

for £100 get an 8800gt 512mb but if you can stretch 30 more the 4850 is … for £100 get an 8800gt 512mb but if you can stretch 30 more the 4850 is the card to get and it will work fine with that psu unless your are planning an overclock.

2 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

i wish...LOL

Solid psu should be the foundation for any rigs.
    Gaming isn't my thing so I dunno how much juice your gpu sucks up but all those drives are a fair load for your psu.

I would recommend a mid-range Corsair psu and update the gpu later.

At least you know the rig will have the headroom for a graphics upgrade.

Original Poster

thats what i was thinking also but wasn't quite sure

Fsp power supplies get good ratings

FSP = Fortran/Sparkle power. The market leader at one point, although I don't know what they're like today.

Change the settings, you won't break anything and you can always reset to default if you don't like them, you shouldn't have black circles on any settings though. Are you running the latest graphics card drivers?

Original Poster

Latest drivers from Nvidia site see what i mean below

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/zeus9876/screen001.png
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/zeus9876/screen000.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Buy back on Euros to £££13
      2. Digital ps4 games33
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)22
      4. Cheap northface alternatives?22