Graphics card upgrade help

Found 5th Apr
I realize this isn't really the best time to be buying, but I might be forced into an upgrade through my own stupidity(spilled water on my pc).

I was looking to upgrade this year from my current card(7850) anyway once prices got back to normal again. Seeing as I'm not going for any high end cards, I was hoping you guys could recommend me a mid/high end GPU that will be a decent upgrade from my 7850 for around £150-250.

Which cards should I be looking at?

Many thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments
GTX 1060
Original Poster
kester761 h, 48 m ago

GTX 1060

The 1060 6GB was one I was looking at. How much are they normally though? It's a little out of my range but I can stretch to it if I can get a deal.
Thomas.12 m ago

The 1060 6GB was one I was looking at. How much are they normally though? …The 1060 6GB was one I was looking at. How much are they normally though? It's a little out of my range but I can stretch to it if I can get a deal.

All the cards are silly money at the moment so the GTX 1060 3gb seems the best option until prices come down. I've a r9 290 but the whole business about Nvidia putting cheap memory inductors in premium card is a little scary. Last thing I want is the memory burning out due to cheap ass budget cuts.

I hate AND crap drivers but Nvidia have produced a lot of bad premium cards in the past. I still remember the 8800s dying like crazy.
If you can wait till prices calm down I would.
There's rumours of 2xxx cards coming summer so prices for new 1xxx cards will drop if prove to be correct.

I got my palit 1070 before prices went mad and it's held it's price in 2 years.

Wait if you can or get a budget card
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions