Expired

Graphics card with Pixel Shader 3.0

Found 11th Nov 2006
Another desperate request from me here, looks like i wont be able to play Splinter Cell Double Agent which has left me very disappointed :x

My Radeon 9600 card is not fit for these latest next gen games that are about to be released so i think it's time for an upgrade, those computer freaks like me out there i could do with some advice. Which graphics card should i get bearing in mind i dont have much to spend :-(

From what i have gathered it looks like i need a Nvidia 7300 or latest, or an ATI X1300 or better to play the game.

Any help would be great.

9 Comments

pci? agp? pci-e????

Original Poster

PCI preferred.

TheManWithNoName

PCI preferred.

Have you only PCI on your PC?...cos if so that severely restricts a graphics card purchase..in fact I doubt you'll get one that will play the latest action games as you'll require AGP at least..and then have to spend a decent sum for something that will work.

n-vidia 7300 is available on "Today only deal" at scan.
I'm not that technically up on what you require, but if you get it tonight you may get a cracking price. Take a look
scan.co.uk/tod…ly/
They also have 7600/7900 etc. The choice is yours

chappers

n-vidia 7300 is available on "Today only deal" at scan.I'm not that … n-vidia 7300 is available on "Today only deal" at scan.I'm not that technically up on what you require, but if you get it tonight you may get a cracking price. Take a look]http://www.scan.co.uk/todayonly/They also have 7600/7900 etc. The choice is yours

but they are PCI-e...the request is for PCI..unless of course he is mistaken?

Original Poster

Bummer, how do i find out if i have PCI-Express slots? Oh and thanks for the find.

Sorry i'm no help there, maybe currychops knows, i'll see if i can find out though

The differences between the PCI and PCI Express cards lie in their I/O connectors. A x1 PCI Express connector has 36 pins, compared to the 120 pins on a standard PCI connector. Figure 6 compares PCI and PCI Express low-profile cards. The x1 PCI Express connector shown is much smaller than the connector on the PCI card. Next to the PCI Express connector is a small tab that precludes it from being inserted into a PCI slot. The standard and low-profile form factors also support x4, x8, and x16 implementations.
i.dell.com/ima…gif

Take a look at the link above it should give you a piccy.

Alternatively the full article is
dell.com/con…orp

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/cooldrives/sata-pci-express-pci-card.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text