Graphics cards.

Posted 4th Nov
I am lookingvat buying a new graphics card. 2060 super or 2070 super.

Is it worth trying to hold out till black friday?

the kfa2 rtx 2070 super is just over £450 right now on overclockers and it looks like the one i want.

Does anyone have any experience buying graphics cards on black friday and were the saving anything to get excited about?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
its chance you take, if its this price now it will be again. so waiting for black friday wont hurt...
This made me smile. "Trying to hold out." Hehe. Is the pull of the graphics card too strong to bear?

I would say of course it's worth waiting. If you can save even a minute amount, would that not be worth it? Just so you can say you bought it at the best possible price. Even if there's no reduction, you'll still be buying it so - why the rush?

Willpower. You CAN do it!

All the best, Phsy.
I was fine until a bunch of people in my gaming community are now playing moder warfare which is included with rtx cards atm and red dead redemption 2 is out soon and i cant bare to play it on lowest graphics .
Spudsy8704/11/2019 19:20

I was fine until a bunch of people in my gaming community are now playing …I was fine until a bunch of people in my gaming community are now playing moder warfare which is included with rtx cards atm and red dead redemption 2 is out soon and i cant bare to play it on lowest graphics .

Well, what ever you do don't play it "bare" if you have a webcam nearby. (I think you meant 'bear' )

Alas, I've forgotten about the enticing draw of video games online. I pick up a controller now and again to play single player stuff mainly. I can understand how you might get impatient with your friends already gaming though.

I guess it still comes down to good old willpower. Do your finances allow for any missed saving and how much of a saving would be annoying if you missed out? Me - I'd want to know I paid the best current price so I'd definitely hold out. Mind you, I would play the game on whatever equipment I had that was capable as I've never put a huge amount of serious thought into gfx quality level. I'm more 'gameplay' and would love it, however it looked.
Hi there. I always found it better to hold for the sales, but sometimes you gotta be quick when they come through.

I recently was fortunate in buying my entire setup on Amazon Prime Day. I also recommend waiting it out :-). Good luck!
EpicPotato-05/11/2019 06:17

Hi there. I always found it better to hold for the sales, but sometimes …Hi there. I always found it better to hold for the sales, but sometimes you gotta be quick when they come through.I recently was fortunate in buying my entire setup on Amazon Prime Day. I also recommend waiting it out :-). Good luck!

How much were the saving on the graphics card?
Spudsy8705/11/2019 06:29

How much were the saving on the graphics card?

I bought a gpu for £100 New. The GPU was selling £180+ USED on eBay at the time.
EpicPotato-05/11/2019 06:37

I bought a gpu for £100 New. The GPU was selling £180+ USED on eBay at the …I bought a gpu for £100 New. The GPU was selling £180+ USED on eBay at the time.

What was the graphics card?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants