Expired

Grass strimmer that uses blades not wire

Found 26th Aug 2013
im after a good grass strimmer that uses a blade system and not the rubbish wire that always snaps. had a nightmare time and iv given up with the wire strimmer im using. also not a cordless one. do these even exist
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskStrimmer
9 Comments
http://i39.tinypic.com/1zlreog.jpg
Probably not the wisest of ideas but the Ryobi line strimmer I had used pre cut lengths that slot in via a quick release system, one day after running out of line I noticed the clothes line looked to be a similar diameter so I tried that and it was spot on, the best bit? It was the steel cored line and I only replaced them once that summer and that was because it had worn the plastic cover away down to the wire.

If you do try this buy some clothes line in, the Mrs was not too impressed to find the line a couple of feet too short.
Ive got a Gtech cordless strimmer that uses blades, comes with 20 and they supply as many as you want for free when you pay £2.95 to get another load delivered , 20 at a time.

Got it from the QVC outlet store for a pretty good £29.95, when its £60-70 usually

The cordless makes it really good, no drop of power having done my whole garden
Stay away from Ryobi ones. Their junk.
will these hack at a lawn that looks more like an unattended field ? lol, its gonna take summet pretty hefty and powerful to get it back to how it should be but once its done i can keep on top of it
Havince

will these hack at a lawn that looks more like an unattended field ? lol, … will these hack at a lawn that looks more like an unattended field ? lol, its gonna take summet pretty hefty and powerful to get it back to how it should be but once its done i can keep on top of it

Hire a stihl bush whacker from a local tool hire place, the bush whacker has a metal rotating disc and will cut through really think undergrowth. Will cost you about £25 and a few quid for petrol. Much easier way of doing it.
ktm666

Hire a stihl bush whacker from a local tool hire place, the bush whacker … Hire a stihl bush whacker from a local tool hire place, the bush whacker has a metal rotating disc and will cut through really think undergrowth. Will cost you about £25 and a few quid for petrol. Much easier way of doing it.

sounds like a good idea.

found a good blade one to buy for once the heavy works done to keep on top of it, i wont mind going out every sunday and doing it once i have a decent strimmer
Havince

sounds like a good idea.found a good blade one to buy for once the heavy … sounds like a good idea.found a good blade one to buy for once the heavy works done to keep on top of it, i wont mind going out every sunday and doing it once i have a decent strimmer

Give us a clue which one you have bought then. I am in the market for a strimmer as my Ryobi ones died (as someone said before - avoid them, they aren't so great)
harlzter

Give us a clue which one you have bought then. I am in the market for a … Give us a clue which one you have bought then. I am in the market for a strimmer as my Ryobi ones died (as someone said before - avoid them, they aren't so great)

prob this one

Your text here
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants