Great legal action - Amazon suppliers now able to sell cheaper on their own websites - start saving 10 to 40 percent for next few years !

Found 12th Nov 2013
Amazon / Apples price fixing laws are now banned !! ie Amazon has been forced to drop a supplier contract clause that prevents Marketplace traders from offering their goods at cheaper price on their own websites (and saving the 10 to 40 percent Amazon Fees).

The Sunday Times found last week that, as a result, savings of up to 50% are available, with significant bargains among products tipped to be bestsellers this year.

A Furby Boom talking robot toy, for example, expected to be one of this year’s most popular gifts, was on sale for £74.61 including delivery from Toy Shop London when bought through Amazon, but was only £59.99 when bought direct.

The Vtech InnoTab 3S gaming console, which features in the Toy Retailers Association’s top 10 Christmas gifts list, was priced at £129.60 including delivery when bought through Amazon but only £103.94 on the supplier’s own website.

So if you don't like Amazons UK tax avoidance and you want a cheaper price .... these should start to become available by going direct to the Marketplace websites direct !!!

click on 'get deal' for Sunday Times Article
Community Updates
11 Comments
thanks for sharing, I've moved this to misc as its more of a headsup than a deal.
I don't really understand.

If an item was cheaper directly from a company rather than through Amazon, and you bought it from Amazon, then you're an idiot. It still pays to check to see where the cheapest is rather than assuming Amazon is cheapest (and obviously checking out how legit a site is)
Original Poster
sancho1983

I don't really understand. If an item was cheaper directly from a company … I don't really understand. If an item was cheaper directly from a company rather than through Amazon, and you bought it from Amazon, then you're an idiot. It still pays to check to see where the cheapest is rather than assuming Amazon is cheapest (and obviously checking out how legit a site is)

In the past the supplier could not offer it cheaper - they were contractually tied to never undercut the price on Amazon
good tip
thx
rogercat

In the past the supplier could not offer it cheaper - they were … In the past the supplier could not offer it cheaper - they were contractually tied to never undercut the price on Amazon

Ay? I've seen loads of items sold by Amazon being offered cheaper by Marketplace sellers. oO
rogercat

In the past the supplier could not offer it cheaper - they were … In the past the supplier could not offer it cheaper - they were contractually tied to never undercut the price on Amazon

On their own websites?
owczarb

good tipthx

What tip? oO
biddilybah

Ay? I've seen loads of items sold by Amazon being offered cheaper by … Ay? I've seen loads of items sold by Amazon being offered cheaper by Marketplace sellers. oO

I think its been a couple of months since amazon changed their policy on this, but before then if a seller sold cheaper on their website than they were selling for on amazon, they could get banned after a warning or two.
Never knew amazon did that, explains why when I checked on merchants websites I never found cheaper prices.
sancho1983

On their own websites?

Yes
sancho1983

What tip? oO

"a useful hint or idea; a basic, practical fact"
I stopped checking outside amazon a while ago, but now , thx to rogercat info, I can save myself some money just by doing what he said.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants