Great Marketing campaign Gamestop.

Found 9th Oct 2017Edited by:"F.D."
This is a genuine ad from Gamestop. It's got to be satire, yeah? If not, what the...

2810171.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
Seriously?!

Where did you find this?
Edited by: "Illusionary" 9th Oct 2017
Shadow of War spoilers.

People are saying that the ending for SoW game is behind a paywall.
Andy@XCite9 m ago

Shadow of War spoilers. People are saying that the ending for SoW …Shadow of War spoilers. People are saying that the ending for SoW game is behind a paywall.

From the non spoiler reviews I've read it's more that the ending is a bigger grind without loot crates rather than actually being locked being them
Andy@XCite9 m ago

Shadow of War spoilers. People are saying that the ending for SoW …Shadow of War spoilers. People are saying that the ending for SoW game is behind a paywall.

Not exactly; my understanding is that there's a fair amount of effort required without spending anything additional, but that it's perfectly possible.

I'm still looking forward to the game, regardless.
Bure1159 m ago

From the non spoiler reviews I've read it's more that the ending is a …From the non spoiler reviews I've read it's more that the ending is a bigger grind without loot crates rather than actually being locked being them

Yeah it was along those lines, the reviewer said something about it being a 15 hour game with another 20-25 hours of grind for the final fight, unless you pay for loot boxes. I think he gave it 5 or 6/10 but judging from the youtube comments it may have been an unfair/incorrect review.

Just been watching the Angry Joe vid on Battlefront 2's "pay to win" loot boxes, needless to say he was pretty angry.
Terrible advertising, but hey it's the Dev putting it in the game.

I believe Assassins Creed games pre-orders have come with an extra mission for a long time? Dunno if they are released later on?
OP I take it you have never had the good fortune of working with the cynical genius that is your average marketing dept.

Bill Hicks views still stand up based on my experiences of working with marketing bods.
catbeans11 h, 45 m ago

Terrible advertising, but hey it's the Dev putting it in the game.I …Terrible advertising, but hey it's the Dev putting it in the game.I believe Assassins Creed games pre-orders have come with an extra mission for a long time? Dunno if they are released later on?

AC has had these indeed for a few generations of the game now.

AC4 Black Flag definitely had one, and so did AC3, the thing on the boxes said something about 30 minutes extra gameplay for pre orders. they weren't anything to write home about.

Load of marketing hype.
Andy@XCite13 h, 2 m ago

Yeah it was along those lines, the reviewer said something about it being …Yeah it was along those lines, the reviewer said something about it being a 15 hour game with another 20-25 hours of grind for the final fight, unless you pay for loot boxes. I think he gave it 5 or 6/10 but judging from the youtube comments it may have been an unfair/incorrect review.Just been watching the Angry Joe vid on Battlefront 2's "pay to win" loot boxes, needless to say he was pretty angry.

That sounds... Awful. I've got it coming today so I'm really hoping that's an exaggeration and it's not really that bad.
.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants