great place to swap unwanted computer games

Banned 16 replies
Found 10th Jan 2007
videogameswap.co.uk/ind…phpvideogameswap.co.uk/ind…php its a new site and needs members check it out. ps hope it is ok to post this here:)

17 Comments

* Moved to misc forum *

Doesn't look very busy...

Original Poster Banned

thanks like i said it is very new why dont you join?

Cause I don't swap games I hoard them!

I see that you have a playstation 3 gameswap section, I've been informed that once you have inserted a ps3 game in to a ps3 the game and console become linked, making the game unplayable on somebody elses ps3, don't know wot truth there is in that though

fwibble

I see that you have a playstation 3 gameswap section, I've been informed … I see that you have a playstation 3 gameswap section, I've been informed that once you have inserted a ps3 game in to a ps3 the game and console become linked, making the game unplayable on somebody elses ps3, don't know wot truth there is in that though

I bet Bill Gates wishes he'd thought of that one

fwibble

I see that you have a playstation 3 gameswap section, I've been informed … I see that you have a playstation 3 gameswap section, I've been informed that once you have inserted a ps3 game in to a ps3 the game and console become linked, making the game unplayable on somebody elses ps3, don't know wot truth there is in that though

Don't know what the truth is in that, but if it is correct then that would do my head in, I buy most of my games pre-owned (cheapskate) and though I can usually afford new, i'd stay away from the console on principle, as I doubt they are going to make the games dirt cheap to make up for the fact that once you own them, your stuck with them

Original Poster Banned

i dont think that is true at all lol

Original Poster Banned

emmajk42

Cause I don't swap games I hoard them!

maybe you need a clear out and get games you want for ones that are just collecting dust?:thumbsup:

leemarshall

maybe you need a clear out and get games you want for ones that are just … maybe you need a clear out and get games you want for ones that are just collecting dust?:thumbsup:

Nah, as I only buy games that I really really want and know that I will keep forever, such as Half Life (whole lot), and Unreal Tournaments... etc

fwibble

if that is true my oh might aswell close his shop down as it would put them out of business but i wouldn't of thought so because of the prices they expect to charge for these games plus people share games etc .

Original Poster Banned

i hope to see some of you on there

Surely to 'cripple' your PS3 game discs the console would have to have a built in DVD burner? Surely it's on read only media.

Did you start the site or something Lee?

MBeeching

Surely to 'cripple' your PS3 game discs the console would have to have a … Surely to 'cripple' your PS3 game discs the console would have to have a built in DVD burner? Surely it's on read only media.

The only way I can see that Sony could acomplish this would be to require that you register the game online via the PS3 before playing it and then tag the game disc ID to the ID of the machine.

As much as I'm sure Sony would like to do something like this I think they'd have more sense, the negative effect on sales would be huge.

Banned

sonia.town

if that is true my oh might aswell close his shop down as it would put … if that is true my oh might aswell close his shop down as it would put them out of business but i wouldn't of thought so because of the prices they expect to charge for these games plus people share games etc .

Its not true...how would they rent games? what would happen if people needed new console? its a load of rubbish lol

Original Poster Banned

emmajk42

Did you start the site or something Lee?

no i just think it is a good idea
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return22
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...77
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed438
    4. 241 cinema code - how to ask?22

See more discussions