Groups

Greatest Rock Albums

As the title says, in your humble opinions, what are the greatest rock/metal albums ever. I'm going to throw in:
    Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    Black Stone Cherry - Folklore and Superstition

32 Comments

lies was better than appetite tho neither greatest ever

My personal choices would be:
    Led Zep: Physical Graffiti
    Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
    Yes: The Gates of Delirium
    Genesis: The Lamb Lies Down..

Yes..... I am over 40

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;8881046

lies was better than appetite tho neither greatest ever

Always been a big fan of appetite, got all their albums including the awful Chinese Democracy, but rate appetite amongst best ever - obviously my personal opinion though :thumbsup:

Im 17

AC/DC - Back in Black
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    Bon Jovi - Slippy when wet
    Black Sabbeth - Paranoid

Does anybody like The Cure? Im curious and wondering which album i should buy. I leaning towards Boys Don't Cry

Original Poster

jonb2412;8881051

My personal choices would be:Led Zep: Physical GraffitiPink Floyd: Dark … My personal choices would be:Led Zep: Physical GraffitiPink Floyd: Dark Side of the MoonYes: The Gates of DeliriumGenesis: The Lamb Lies Down..Yes..... I am over 40

So am i lol - us old rockers never die, just the T-Shirts fade. As much as I like Dark Side of the Moon, always felt it was over rated, going to give the Yes one a listen (download), as always open to bands I never got 'in to' :thumbsup:

Original Poster

kidchop;8881102

Im 17AC/DC - Back in BlackFleetwood Mac - RumoursGuns 'n' Roses - … Im 17AC/DC - Back in BlackFleetwood Mac - RumoursGuns 'n' Roses - Appetite for DestructionBon Jovi - Slippy when wetBlack Sabbeth - ParanoidDoes anybody like The Cure? Im curious and wondering which album i should buy. I leaning towards Boys Don't Cry

Slippery When Wet is a great album, and yes go for Boys Don't Cry :thumbsup:

kidchop;8881102

Im 17AC/DC - Back in BlackFleetwood Mac - RumoursGuns 'n' Roses - … Im 17AC/DC - Back in BlackFleetwood Mac - RumoursGuns 'n' Roses - Appetite for DestructionBon Jovi - Slippy when wetBlack Sabbeth - ParanoidDoes anybody like The Cure? Im curious and wondering which album i should buy. I leaning towards Boys Don't Cry

Get Disintegration

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/CureDisintegration.jpg

Some good albums

Korn - Issues
    Papa Roach - infest
    Adema - Adema
    AAF - anthology
    A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth step

Love The Cure my favourite album is Disintegration.

lol beaten to it agree 100%

metallica - the black album
    kidchop the cure are ace!!!

Faith No More - Angel Dust

Original Poster

munkynutz;8881230

Get DisintegrationSome good albumsKorn - IssuesPapa Roach - infestAdema - … Get DisintegrationSome good albumsKorn - IssuesPapa Roach - infestAdema - AdemaAAF - anthologyA Perfect Circle - Thirteenth step

Never heard of Adema, will try them out :thumbsup:

Humphman;8881201

Slippery When Wet is a great album, and yes go for Boys Don't Cry … Slippery When Wet is a great album, and yes go for Boys Don't Cry :thumbsup:

munkynutz;8881230

Get DisintegrationSome good albumsKorn - IssuesPapa Roach - infestAdema - … Get DisintegrationSome good albumsKorn - IssuesPapa Roach - infestAdema - AdemaAAF - anthologyA Perfect Circle - Thirteenth step

rickwoody;8881236

Love The Cure my favourite album is Disintegration.

Was on other forums and it seems most of the The Cure albums are worth a shot why not lol

Banned

Quark strangness and charm....Hawkwind

Sheik Yerbouti...Frank Zappa

The Song Remains the Same....Led Zep

Trick in the Tail....Genesis

Made In Japan....Deep Purple

Killers live....Queen.

Original Poster

fern37;8881250

Faith No More - Angel Dust

Aaaah the wonderful FNM, saw them many years back, supporting Guns n Roses and Soundgarden, brings back memories of a great day :):thumbsup:

Original Poster

slamdunkin;8881259

Quark strangness and charm....HawkwindSheik Yerbouti...Frank ZappaThe … Quark strangness and charm....HawkwindSheik Yerbouti...Frank ZappaThe Song Remains the Same....Led ZepTrick in the Tail....GenesisMade In Japan....Deep PurpleKillers live....Queen.

Of course Deep Purple, but prefer Come Taste The Band and Burn :thumbsup:

Humphman;8881267

Aaaah the wonderful FNM, saw them many years back, supporting Guns n … Aaaah the wonderful FNM, saw them many years back, supporting Guns n Roses and Soundgarden, brings back memories of a great day :):thumbsup:

awesome band but I've never seen them live. I still play this album every week.

Banned

Remain in Light....Talking Heads

Days of Future Passed....Moody Blues

Pearl....Jannis Joplin

Brotherss in Arms....Dire Straits

Whos next....the who

"deftones - white pony" is pretty sweet too

oooo and

"dream theater - images and words"

Original Poster

fern37;8881312

awesome band but I've never seen them live. I still play this album every … awesome band but I've never seen them live. I still play this album every week.

I play Who Cares a Lot (Compilation Album) all the while, one of my favourite albums :thumbsup:

Alive in chains ..... Jar of flies
    a great starting point before exploring the dirt album

missp27;8881332

"deftones - white pony" is pretty sweet too :)oooo and "dream theater - … "deftones - white pony" is pretty sweet too :)oooo and "dream theater - images and words"

agreed

Skid Row Skid Row
    Guns 'n' Roses Appetite For Destruction
    Aerosmith Get A Grip.......Pump
    Little Angels Young Gods
    Emilie Autumn Opheliac
    Bon Jovi Slippery when wet
    velvet revolver libertad

Banned

Metallica - justice for all

can you count nirvana as rock/grunge?? If so nevermind & bleach

Janes addiction - Ritual de lo habitual. ( three days is awesome!)
    The big F - The big F
    Pearl Jam - Ten.

Some bands that people might not have heard of

Shinedown
    Seether
    Tantric
    Switchfoot
    Black light burns
    Breaking benjamin
    Earshot
    Breed 77
    DoubleDrive
    Five Finger death punch
    Fuel
    Full devil jacket
    Hurt
    Nonpoint
    Sevendust
    The butterfly effect

Not everyone will like them obviously, but these are some of the bands that i like.

blink-182 - cheshire cat
    zebrahead - MFZB

Def Leppard - Hysteria
    Van Halen - Van Halen
    Ozzy Osbourne _ Blizzard Of Oz
    Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
    Ac/Dc - Back In Black
    Guns N Roses - Appetite
    Black Sabbath - Paranoid
    The Wildhearts - Earth vs The Wildhearts
    Van Halen - 1984
    Bon JOvi - Slipery When Wet
    Bon Jovi - New Jersey
    Rolling Stones - Exile On main Street
    Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
    Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls
    Motley Crue - Dr Feelgood
    Green Day - American Idiot
    Bruce Springsteen- Born In The USA
    Skid Row - Skid Row
    Thunder - Back Street Symphony
    Status Quo - Pile Driver

I could go on for ages

Original Poster

munkynutz;8881605

Some bands that people might not have heard ofShinedown … Some bands that people might not have heard ofShinedown SeetherTantricSwitchfootBlack light burnsBreaking benjaminEarshotBreed 77DoubleDriveFive Finger death punchFuelFull devil jacketHurtNonpointSevendustThe butterfly effectNot everyone will like them obviously, but these are some of the bands that i like.

Thanks for list, will give these a look - Already have a load of stuff by Breaking Benjamin, really good band :thumbsup:

Banned

Foo Fighters

Original Poster

master_chief;8883558

Foo Fighters

Love the Foos :thumbsup:

Humphman;8883521

Thanks for list, will give these a look - Already have a load of stuff by … Thanks for list, will give these a look - Already have a load of stuff by Breaking Benjamin, really good band :thumbsup:

No probs hope you find something you like

Let us know how you get on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047082
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11

See more discussions