Greedy MoFos £49.99 For Decking Stain (Normally £15) - eBay

Posted 22nd AprEdited by:"Lakesman"
Price Gouging BarStewards!

eBay won't GAS though as they'll pocket a hefty FVF for each sale!

Should rename the auction site "Mafiebay", getting all their little cuts from the profiteering taking place.

DIRTY ROBBING SCUM BAGS
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
You can report the listing for price gouging
Have done that with about 20 or more last night, but they are still up!
That's really strange Lakesman. I was looking at exactly the same product on ebay myself earlier and thought "that seems more expensive than last year"
Thank goodness I didn't buy it.
You found it anywhere cheaper??
gazupnorth22/04/2020 14:22

That's really strange Lakesman. I was looking at exactly the same product …That's really strange Lakesman. I was looking at exactly the same product on ebay myself earlier and thought "that seems more expensive than last year"Thank goodness I didn't buy it. You found it anywhere cheaper??

Nah! Spent the last two days looking for it online and when I went to local B&M while buying "Essentials".

Normal price is between £16 and £19 (I've never paid more than that), but I could kick myself because I normally have approx at least a full tin ready to use every Spring. My decking is quite small and takes around 3/4 of a tin and I normally buy a new tin (for next time) once I've painted the decking (guess who forgot last year?)

The only place I found that has stock at a decent price have closed down four of their five sister sites and only process orders over £100.

I've reported all the £40-£49.99 items (in the link above) for "Price Gouging" (twice) and they are still selling OK.
Edited by: "Lakesman" 22nd Apr
Is this really an essential item?
Don’t they put daft prices on thing when they don’t want to sell it rather than remove the listing?
Many sellers put really high prices when an items out of stock instead of ending and relisting
Set up a fake account and put silly bids in to wind them up.
I noticed the same thing with scouring pads. Some people are/have been buying up common household essentials in anticipation of a shortage.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions