Groups
    EXPIRED

Greek islands

Can anyone recommend which part of Greece is good for shopping eating out and sea views please

8 Comments

Santorini is superbeautiful. Expensive tho. To be honest you can't really go wrong with Greece as long as you pick your resort carefully, which isn't difficult.

crete is my favourite island by far. Elafonissi is like the Caribbean.

west of chania, do NOT go east past rethymon unless it is Agios Nikolas.
    Edited by: "chocci" 4th Jul 2014

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice

stayed in Chania last year and it was beautiful,daughters and friends partied at Platinias every night as Chania was a bit quieter for them,..have to say though,the food was a bit of a let down..many many restaurants to choose from,but food was quite tasteless...always felt very safe when out walking at night...just back from Cyprus and absolutely loved everything about it,apart from the lack of golden sandy beach.

Original Poster

Thanks, I have heard good things about chania

sorry,we flew to Chania and stayed in Agia Marina,many hotels are on the beach as are many restaurants,we stayed in the Folia which was lovely,a small family run hotel which was set back about 10 minutes from the beach and main street..views were amazing as it was set higher up from the main streets

Naxos, Paros, Crete, Ios, Mykonos, Rhodes, Kos, Santorini (Thira), oh how I used to love to go Greek Island hopping in my yoof lols South-West Crete used to be nice, been over 20 years since I was there last .. try Samaria Gorge

Edited by: "Splodger101" 5th Jul 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News810
      2. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.55
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767533
      4. Cheer me up please?1431

See more discussions