Expired

Green Mark or Russian Standard....

Found 30th Apr 2014
This is a Vodka question for those who are wondering.

Russian Standard - I have had before and loved it.

Green Mark - I saw a member on here mention Green Mark within a Russian Standard Hot Deal, stating it was the better of the two.

The question is, what do you prefer?

I decided today to try the Green Mark, as they had it on offer in Sainsbury's for £17 per litre.

I have had a few little ones from the Green Mark (raw of course), as I would not have it any other way.

Anyway; my deciding factor is that Russian Standard is a much superior taste, it goes down like velvet. Whereas the Green Mark is not much different to Smirnoff, which is a bit harsh on the old throat and after a few drinks you have to look at the bottle and think.......oh well, I will save this for another day.

I was hoping for better from the Green Mark as it was recommended by a member on here. Sadly for the makers of Green Mark and happily for the makers of Russian Standard, I will continue to purchase a bottle of your finest Russian Standard. (Well maybe not, a bog standard one here in the UK will do).

Any Vodka drinkers on here care to add their comments?

Hic..
Community Updates
29 Comments
Hate Russian standard even the premium version. stoli or green mark... The lidl vodka is meant to be nice if on a budget...
Oooh, My opinion is the opposite of yours. I think green mark tastes really quite smooth and mellow whereas Russian Standard has more bite to it. I like them both though.
Just adding this as I only became aware of it recently and thought it was relevant....the former owner of Tyrrells crisps turned to making vodka....uses the small potatoes
theguardian.com/bus…iew
JMD64

Just adding this as I only became aware of it recently and thought it was … Just adding this as I only became aware of it recently and thought it was relevant....the former owner of Tyrrells crisps turned to making vodka....uses the small potatoeshttp://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/jul/21/william-chase-tyrrells-crisps-founder-friday-interview

I like Chase, but not really comparable to the two in the OP, costs twice as much on a good day...
JMD64

Just adding this as I only became aware of it recently and thought it was … Just adding this as I only became aware of it recently and thought it was relevant....the former owner of Tyrrells crisps turned to making vodka....uses the small potatoeshttp://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/jul/21/william-chase-tyrrells-crisps-founder-friday-interview

Great read bro...can't really add much more because tonight's purchase says so....hic;
IndianaBlues

I like Chase, but not really comparable to the two in the OP, costs twice … I like Chase, but not really comparable to the two in the OP, costs twice as much on a good day...

Which flavour do you favour? Like the sound of Gooseberry...maybe not Marmalade....
My opinion is Absolute beats all hands down.
Error440

My opinion is Absolute beats all hands down.

Never tried Absolut Vodka. Seen it on the shelves but never really crossed my mind to try it.

Is it a real vodka or a Mickey Mouse company trying to promote vodka?
How dare you sir! They have a long well established history and they are lovely, straight, citrus and the pepper ones are the best.

Your text here
Before your reply I researched them. I will of course now give them a try as they are indeed a genuine supplier of alcohol.

P.S. I can now publicly confirm, I am P****d as a fart after drinking about 60% of a litre of Green Mark. Not the greatest vodka on the planet I must confess.

However, I purchased a bottle so I shall drink it.

All in the name of research of course.....
NEtech

Before your reply I researched them. I will of course now give them a … Before your reply I researched them. I will of course now give them a try as they are indeed a genuine supplier of alcohol.P.S. I can now publicly confirm, I am P****d as a fart after drinking about 60% of a litre of Green Mark. Not the greatest vodka on the planet I must confess. However, I purchased a bottle so I shall drink it. All in the name of research of course.....

I research and therefore I know (was a slogan on a T shirt I once owned)
Stolichnaya is defo my favourite!
for me I go for Grey Goose. its nice and it's got a nice taste to it. not harsh like smirnoff
Green mark over standard for me

Stoli and absolut and finlandia also nice and worth a try

Only smirnoff id have by choice is norsk/nordic berries as shots

anybooze.com/smi…asp

Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 1st May 2014
Both Russian, wouldn't buy either off such a bullying, corrupt nation.
Russian standard is cheap and nasty, haven't tried Green mark or even heard of them.

42 below has won some awards, I have a bottle of passionfruit flavour at home I've yet to try.

Belvedere is probably the best, and justifiably one of the most expensive
Gery Goose is also pretty good.
Mikeygolfgt

for me I go for Grey Goose. its nice and it's got a nice taste to it. not … for me I go for Grey Goose. its nice and it's got a nice taste to it. not harsh like smirnoff

If you go for the black or blue label Smirnoff then you will find it is nice and smooth - especially good after putting in the freezer
Edited by: "Bigfootpete" 1st May 2014
Black Cow vodka is nice but I suppose it's quite expensive compared to other (decent) brands. Currently £30.50 on Amazon.
Some great recommendations, will look out for some of those named above.

That Black Cow certainly looks tempting,

Black Cow was the world's first vodka to be made entirely from milk. Made in West Dorset.

Mmmmm, yummy. Me needs!
The Swedish Vodka 'Absolut' is quite nice. I was always a fan of Smirnoff, can't stomach Red Square and don't touch much else but found Absolut to be good.
Just been to the doctors, he told me I need to stop drinking or I will soon be dead.

Any good deals on orange juice?
NEtech

Just been to the doctors, he told me I need to stop drinking or I will … Just been to the doctors, he told me I need to stop drinking or I will soon be dead. :(Any good deals on orange juice?

Marmalade flavoured Chase vodka any use?
My preferred brand is grey goose, but if funds dictate a cheaper brand then it's Russian stander or stolichnaya every time, from the freezer :-)
JMD64

Which flavour do you favour? Like the sound of Gooseberry...maybe not … Which flavour do you favour? Like the sound of Gooseberry...maybe not Marmalade....

My favourites are the original unadulterated and the Oak Smoked. Also have the rhubarb, raspberry and marmalade, which I prefer in that order. Would really like to try the gooseberry, and the horseradish too
Tried them all. Stolichnaya for me for taste and smoothness when drinking straight and no hangover even after 700ml bottle. Proper Russian recepie. Btw green mark is polish and not Russian.
Vodkaexpert

Tried them all. Stolichnaya for me for taste and smoothness when drinking … Tried them all. Stolichnaya for me for taste and smoothness when drinking straight and no hangover even after 700ml bottle. Proper Russian recepie. Btw green mark is polish and not Russian.

Btw stoli (my fav) is latvian not russian
NEtech

[quote=Error440]Is it a real vodka or a Mickey Mouse company trying to … [quote=Error440]Is it a real vodka or a Mickey Mouse company trying to promote vodka?

Blimey, I'm old enough to remember the 1980s Keith Haring Absolut posters! I thought that was a joke comment at first :p!
I like Stoli and Absolut, but being a cheapskate with all the boooooze deals, I've got a bottle of Russian Standard in amongst my Xmas stash.....
One review of Russian Standard: "This is the only vodka that has landed me in a jail in St Petersburg. Russian police very friendly. Highly recommended" Erm, okay? oO

russianlife.com/vod…175
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions