Green pea stuck in throat

Found 13th May
I recently cooked a roast dinner and ate some green peas and one slid down my throat without chewing i can feel something is in my throat I'm 100% confident its that pea im assuming its stuck behind a tonsil or whatever

I can feel it when i swallow.

I have tried eating things, drinking things fast even taking butter and honey non helps... im assuming in time it will eventually come out?

Is it really anything to worry about? Its basically just uncomfortable
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Chew up a big handful of moams chew it up into a big ball and swallow, that will push it down
19 Comments
deleted396333
Try flushing it down with another pea.
Chew up a big handful of moams chew it up into a big ball and swallow, that will push it down
I expected these kind of answers
X-Ray13 m ago

I expected these kind of answers

and that's why you posted it
Think it is more likely you can feel where it was rather than it is stuck in there. Bit like if you have a scratch or something. A couple of weeks ago I had an operation on my ankle under a spinal anaesthetic. The anaesthetist said it will feel like your leg is in the last position you remember before we numb it because your brain can't work out where it is. Was true when I saw my leg was in the air covered with iodine when I thought it was on the gurney. Think it is something like thst.
A drink should wash it down nothing to worry about .
It's not stuck
If it was I would be very concerned and run to a&e
What you are experiencing is an irrigation if the area of your oesophagus
Don't smoke don't drink alcohol or anything acidic, eat sifter foods
I believe this is called a golden shower and it is a perfectly natural thing between two adults.
MIDURIX1 m ago

I believe this is called a golden shower and it is a perfectly natural …I believe this is called a golden shower and it is a perfectly natural thing between two adults.

The hell has a golden shower got to do with a pea stuck in a throat...
I read a story where a guy swallowed a pea and pods started growing in his guts, you want to get checked out as in all seriousness it could be dangerous.
X-Ray3 h, 50 m ago

The hell has a golden shower got to do with a pea stuck in a throat...

Erm ... Different spelling of 'pea'?
Good job you didn't swallow a fly...
Really worried for you,hope it works out alright,peas are really scary.
Is this mumsnet
Every time a pea rolls of my plate I say to the kids look its an esca-pea (escape pea) but i don't think they get it
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 14th May
One thing is for sure, you don't have dysphagia, you would know if you did, so don't worry about it. It's most likely just minor irritation in your oesophagus caused by what you swallowed as mentioned a couple of times in the above comments. It's nothing unusual.

I very much doubt that anything is even stuck there. If your breathing wasn't affected when this happened, this is a clear sing that the food has already cleared your windpipe.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 14th May
larrylightweight3 h, 24 m ago

Every time a pea rolls of my plate I say to the kids look its an esca-pea …Every time a pea rolls of my plate I say to the kids look its an esca-pea (escape pea) but i don't think they get it

No way, I say this too and my children don't acknowledge me!
mattsk11 h, 58 m ago

It's not stuck If it was I would be very concerned and run to a&e What you …It's not stuck If it was I would be very concerned and run to a&e What you are experiencing is an irrigation if the area of your oesophagusDon't smoke don't drink alcohol or anything acidic, eat sifter foods

Don't smoke or drink alcohol?
I hope I never have an irrigation if the area of my oesophagus
RIP
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions