Groups

green screen of death. New Xbox one s

Hi

I got my Xbox one s today and plugged in cables. My first screen with sound was a green screen with the Xbox logo. It's been on it now for nearly three hours with three animated circles going left to right.

I have looked online and it looks like it could be a "green screen of death"

I have left it on for now just incase it's updating in the background. Has anyone else had this?

10 Comments

Hold power light on console for 10seconds or so, should hard reset it. Give that a go fam

Thats not normal for an update, is this the only time you have turned it on?

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Thats not normal for an update, is this the only time you have turned it … Thats not normal for an update, is this the only time you have turned it on?

Very first time it's been turned on

I would try what ben has said and do a hard reset as its stuck on boot screen, im sure something similar happened to my mate after an update and there was a fix for it on xbox.com by downloading a file to a usb drive

Original Poster

cheers I'll try that

Original Poster

Thanks it worked. But there's three hours I won't be getting back

If in doubt , hold power button.

fitzyfitz29

Glad we could be to help mate, enjoy your one s! I certainly am enjoying mine

fitzyfitz29

Good stuff!

That'll be £19.99

benjammin316

Good stuff! That'll be £19.99

I am debt collector LOL if that is not paid haha
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66