Grenfell fraudster who pretended to be widowed by fire to claim £19k and be put up in Hilton hotel jailed

Top comments
tregs7 m ago

Not smart at all

Not saying it was the right thing to do but you have to question how someone can claim all these benefits despite little to no evidence of actually being involved in the tragedy
24 Comments
Pretty smart though. But not smart enough it seems
----2 m ago

Pretty smart though. But not smart enough it seems

Not smart at all
tregs7 m ago

Not smart at all

Not saying it was the right thing to do but you have to question how someone can claim all these benefits despite little to no evidence of actually being involved in the tragedy
----1 m ago

Not saying it was the right thing to do but you have to question how …Not saying it was the right thing to do but you have to question how someone can claim all these benefits despite little to no evidence of actually being involved in the tragedy

Agreed
I think at the time everyone said these types would appear, its harder as a lot of people were scared to come forward as they were living here with out the right papers. As time moves on people may come forward but no one will ever really know who was there and who was not.
Thats the third or fourth so far i think, is anyone surprised though? i would be surprised if its not 10 times that.
deleted1315437
----1 h, 52 m ago

Not saying it was the right thing to do but you have to question how …Not saying it was the right thing to do but you have to question how someone can claim all these benefits despite little to no evidence of actually being involved in the tragedy

She was a 'good actress' apparently.
Did we ever find out the real figures of people still missing. What about the guy who's flat started the fire didn't he just disappear after walking past everybodys else's flats on the way down without alerting anyone. I don't think the official story is right something dont add up.
They said it started in a fridge the guy who did manchester also kept what ever he used in the fridge if i remember. Was this guy who's flat started the fire keeping something he shouldnt of in the fridge its frightening to think maybe he was.

Disclaimer i don't state any of this as fact and am happy to be corrected.
It’s a knocking bet more than the official number died – the fact the authorities are giving money to people pretending to live there speaks volumes – they know full well some flats were packed floor to ceiling with immigrants most of which were probably illegal with no documentation – they basically have no ideal how many people were in the block when it went up. Sadly we’ll never know the full number.
freakstyler21 m ago

It’s a knocking bet more than the official number died – the fact the aut …It’s a knocking bet more than the official number died – the fact the authorities are giving money to people pretending to live there speaks volumes – they know full well some flats were packed floor to ceiling with immigrants most of which were probably illegal with no documentation – they basically have no ideal how many people were in the block when it went up. Sadly we’ll never know the full number.

I'd agree of the 71 or so confirmed how many were identified and how many of those 71 were actually registered as living in those flats. As percentages or averages go I'd say at least 10 people would of been visiting family and friends when it went up and at least 30 wouldn't of been home mayby shopping or at work. Then you have people who were subletting ect i really dont think anybody had or still has a clue who was there.
In a dfferent chain now.. HMP.
larrylightweight11 h, 46 m ago

Did we ever find out the real figures of people still missing. What about …Did we ever find out the real figures of people still missing. What about the guy who's flat started the fire didn't he just disappear after walking past everybodys else's flats on the way down without alerting anyone. I don't think the official story is right something dont add up. They said it started in a fridge the guy who did manchester also kept what ever he used in the fridge if i remember. Was this guy who's flat started the fire keeping something he shouldnt of in the fridge its frightening to think maybe he was. Disclaimer i don't state any of this as fact and am happy to be corrected.

Do you know what fridges are made of over the last ten years or so to be more environmentally friendly, did you know that they are the main cause of fires in the home.

So his fridge caught fire, the issue was delt with swiftly, no one knew the building itself was not upto scratch, it should not have caused that, there should not have been cavities where pipes were, there should not have been that material on the walls, there should not have been that cladding upon that material.
freakstyler11 h, 33 m ago

It’s a knocking bet more than the official number died – the fact the aut …It’s a knocking bet more than the official number died – the fact the authorities are giving money to people pretending to live there speaks volumes – they know full well some flats were packed floor to ceiling with immigrants most of which were probably illegal with no documentation – they basically have no ideal how many people were in the block when it went up. Sadly we’ll never know the full number.

Thats what happens when you allow buy it now on council housing, on the south Acton estate (gone now gentrification) there was a slum landlord who owned 7 properties in my block, the one next door was his, 2 bed flat with 14 eastern European builders in it on short lets. They target council tennants getting them to sell onto them
larrylightweight6th Apr

Did we ever find out the real figures of people still missing. What about …Did we ever find out the real figures of people still missing. What about the guy who's flat started the fire didn't he just disappear after walking past everybodys else's flats on the way down without alerting anyone. I don't think the official story is right something dont add up. They said it started in a fridge the guy who did manchester also kept what ever he used in the fridge if i remember. Was this guy who's flat started the fire keeping something he shouldnt of in the fridge its frightening to think maybe he was. Disclaimer i don't state any of this as fact and am happy to be corrected.

8% of fires are started by fridges:- thesun.co.uk/mon…re/

Modern fridges use flammable foam for the insulation (which I believe is also foamed using a flammable gas that it will still contain bubbles of) the lining is also a flammable plastic, newer ones even use flammable/explosive iso-butane as a refrigerant

I believe the fridge in question had a plastic back, rather than a metal and there has been a campaign to ban plastic backed fridges for a few years to stop electrical fires rapidly spreading to their insulation:-

Good, the media seem awfully quiet on this story, worried about optics eh?
groenleader13 h, 53 m ago

I think at the time everyone said these types would appear, its harder as …I think at the time everyone said these types would appear, its harder as a lot of people were scared to come forward as they were living here with out the right papers. As time moves on people may come forward but no one will ever really know who was there and who was not.

when you break the law you have to avoid authorities, simple solution - don't break the law, the world would be a better place.
Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 27 m ago

Thats what happens when you allow buy it now on council housing, on the …Thats what happens when you allow buy it now on council housing, on the south Acton estate (gone now gentrification) there was a slum landlord who owned 7 properties in my block, the one next door was his, 2 bed flat with 14 eastern European builders in it on short lets. They target council tennants getting them to sell onto them

I know someone in the process of buying their council house – valued at £80,000 as its run down-ish and they’re only paying £30,000 for it. Once done up it’s instantly worth £140,000+ While I don’t blame people for buying their houses after being long term tenants, my friends case his family have been living in it and paying full rent since the late 1920’s – it makes you wonder what councils are going to do when they’ve sold them all.
melted3 h, 43 m ago

8% of fires are started by fridges:- …8% of fires are started by fridges:- https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/3995178/deadly-white-goods-appliance-revealed-grenfell-london-tower-block-fire/Modern fridges use flammable foam for the insulation (which I believe is also foamed using a flammable gas that it will still contain bubbles of) the lining is also a flammable plastic, newer ones even use flammable/explosive iso-butane as a refrigerant I believe the fridge in question had a plastic back, rather than a metal and there has been a campaign to ban plastic backed fridges for a few years to stop electrical fires rapidly spreading to their insulation:- [Video]

Don't believe everything which come out with.
Even chief fire officer said they don't see why everyone should through out their plastic back fridges. As you say Fridge fires only count for 8% of fires. And for the rag the sun well you really don't believe anything they print.
Edited by: "KingAwKings" 7th Apr
KingAwKings7th Apr

Don't believe everything which come out with.Even chief fire officer said …Don't believe everything which come out with.Even chief fire officer said they don't see why everyone should through out their plastic back fridges. As you say Fridge fires only count for 8% of fires. And for the rag the sun well you really don't believe anything they print.

It is actually 8% of appliance related fires, not 8% of all fires. I was responding to the suggestion that there was something in the fridge that caused the fire, the evidence is clear that it was just a standard fridge fire. In addition the fridge was against/near a window allowing the fire to spread to the cladding.

Which? are just reporting the advice they've received from experts such as the LFB and illustrated by that video.

No one is suggesting you throw out your plastic backed fridge of freezer, just that you shouldn't buy one with a plastic back. I'd also suggest not putting it anywhere that a fire in it might make escaping the building difficult or aid the spread of a fire.

And I merely linked to the Sun because it was the first result I opened from google that quoted the stats related to appliance based fires. That much should be accurate whatever you think of the publication.
Why are illegal immigrants allowed to live in council flats, paid for by us taxpayers ?
Do councils not do any checks ?
Doubt story is true.
cowsindahouse9 m ago

Doubt story is true.

Why do you doubt the story is true?
Edited by: "tregs" 7th Apr
deleted1431257
zworld2 h, 39 m ago

Why are illegal immigrants allowed to live in council flats, paid for by …Why are illegal immigrants allowed to live in council flats, paid for by us taxpayers ?Do councils not do any checks ?

Apparently the council doing checks is against “human rights” according to the numpties
Segata-Sanshiro7th Apr

Do you know what fridges are made of over the last ten years or so to be …Do you know what fridges are made of over the last ten years or so to be more environmentally friendly, did you know that they are the main cause of fires in the home.So his fridge caught fire, the issue was delt with swiftly, no one knew the building itself was not upto scratch, it should not have caused that, there should not have been cavities where pipes were, there should not have been that material on the walls, there should not have been that cladding upon that material.

Yes i know what a fridge is made from i also know about the cladding infact when this first hit the news i was probably the first person to say in the original thred it acted like a chimney because of the gap between the building and the cladding. My point is the guy whos flat it started in Behailu Kebede is now missing in the official list where did he just disappear off to.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants