Grill part of oven not working... help & advice needed?!

Posted 18th Jan
Hi

I have the Stoves SGB700PS electric grill with gas double oven.

The electric part of grill appears to have stopped working. The fan works as does oven (as it is gas)

I assume I may need to have the grill element replaced? (I could be wrong) Anyone know where’s the best place to get such things or what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
If they are similar to electric oven elements they are quite easy to fit, normally just a few screws, but fiddly with the screws but a job for anyone really.

You could probably get one off ebay etc

There is one on ebay for £25
Edited by: "Douglas_Birks" 18th Jan
Okay that doesn’t sound too difficult. I’m thinking it’s the grill element but could be anything! Not sure what else it could be. But thank you for your advice i shall check eBay.
Butterfly1818/01/2020 20:05

Okay that doesn’t sound too difficult. I’m thinking it’s the grill element …Okay that doesn’t sound too difficult. I’m thinking it’s the grill element but could be anything! Not sure what else it could be. But thank you for your advice i shall check eBay.

Element and / or control circuit / wiring; where control circuit = thermostat and / or any split heating option.
AndyRoyd18/01/2020 20:24

Element and / or control circuit / wiring; where control circuit = …Element and / or control circuit / wiring; where control circuit = thermostat and / or any split heating option.

Oh god that sounds ever so complicated ! But it gives me an idea of what possibly could be wrong! Thank you !
Butterfly1818/01/2020 20:40

Oh god that sounds ever so complicated ! But it gives me an idea of what …Oh god that sounds ever so complicated ! But it gives me an idea of what possibly could be wrong! Thank you !

it’s fairly easy to test the element with a to narrow down the root cause.
Dannyrobbo18/01/2020 21:07

it’s fairly easy to test the element with a to narrow down the root cause.

I see, I will google how to do that - thanks !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants