Found 19th Dec 2009
i have had this in one knee for a while only noticed it going upstairs now its going down also but really loud if you know what i mean, should really ask my sis as she is a nurse but keep forgetting!

10 Comments

Old age.

Wear and tear

Join the club

Original Poster

jeez surely not! am not even 40 yet! and i am fit out all the time on the go i dont understand it but its soo annoying! someone said its fluid?

Mine started about 40.
Cartilage is worn / torn from squash and 5 a sides on concrete floors.

Original Poster

my brother had a cartlidge op at 35, but it sounds awful and i keep putting off going to docs as i dont want to waste their time incase its nothing but its worse noise wise but its not painful

Try Chondroitin capsules or fish oils from Holland & Barrett.

Original Poster

cannyscot;7272903

thanks for your advice i will try it :thumbsup:

I have the same problem and Im 37. First noticed it when I was coming down marble stairs and the noise was terrible. I thought there was something stuck on my shoe ( a crisp packet!) because that what it sounded like. Realised a couple of days later that it was my knee......no pain at all though but the noise isn't pleasant!

Will also try the fish oil capsules.

cannyscot;7272890

Mine started about 40.Cartilage is worn / torn from squash and 5 a sides … Mine started about 40.Cartilage is worn / torn from squash and 5 a sides on concrete floors.

cannyscot;7272875

Old age.Wear and tearJoin the club

cannyscot;7272903

Unfortunately Shaz they are right - its wear and tear ! I am 40 and mines are really grinding. I had an accident few months back and landed on my knee and thats made it worse and got an operation coming up but cannyscot is right - get scome Glucosamine with Chondroitin - u can get both in the one tablet. It takes few months before they work but they will make a difference.

People think its the bones grinding - its the cartilage thats worn down. I have been getting pyhsio recently and made a wee bit of difference - its really horrible when ur going upstairs - I need to make a noise like mmmmmmmmmmmmmm when am going upstairs!

I have this and have been told it's something called patella femone. Try taking Glucosamine tablets. They take a while to get into the system, but really help

Mine both do it and I'm 30 (although it has happened since I was about 25).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition62653
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions