Group laptop buy, best retailer/price?

Found 1st Nov 2017
Hi

I need to buy 5 identical laptops and 3 ipods can anyone recommend a good place to get a decent deal buying this lot in one go?

Looking at a budget for each laptop of about £400 and obviously the best spec for the money & a 2+ year warranty

Suggestions?

I asked Dell and the idiot just priced up the laptops at £800 EACH.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Best bang for your buck: refurbished sandy/ivy bridge dell/hp/thinkpad under £150ea no warranty needed
Original Poster
Thanks but not an option got to be new and even if not I'd still need a retailer to buy from.

Thanks though if it were me I'd buy used lenovo but not an option.
Try speaking to Novatech - they do nice laptops and are probably the right size to want to do a decent deal. £400 to include Windows 10 might be tight but worth a shot.
If you have a John Lewis near you, go there, armed with the sort of spec you can expect. They will price match any bricks and mortar deal you find. The floor managers will have the discretion to discount.
Rich448 m ago

Thanks but not an option got to be new and even if not I'd still need a …Thanks but not an option got to be new and even if not I'd still need a retailer to buy from.Thanks though if it were me I'd buy used lenovo but not an option.

Why does retailer matter so much when you get at least 1 year warranty from oem with most new devices from date of purchase. What sort of warranty are you looking for?
Buying five laptops really isnt high enough volume to expect a deal on that basis, so I would probably forget that angle.
Wait till the end of the month.
Original Poster
Z77PC3 h, 56 m ago

Why does retailer matter so much when you get at least 1 year warranty …Why does retailer matter so much when you get at least 1 year warranty from oem with most new devices from date of purchase. What sort of warranty are you looking for?

Didn't think it was difficult because it's NOT LONG ENOUGH! Hence LONG warranty, LONGER than the standard 1 year rubbish.
Edited by: "Rich44" 1st Nov 2017
Original Poster
MIDURIX3 h, 45 m ago

Buying five laptops really isnt high enough volume to expect a deal on …Buying five laptops really isnt high enough volume to expect a deal on that basis, so I would probably forget that angle.

Dell already offered a "deal" it's just they didn't bother to listen to everything.

I've worked in IT previously for decades and buying 5 laptops is plenty enough for some kind of deal to be put together because I've bought in numbers like that previously.

I was also asking for suggestions, I should have known better than to ask on here at all.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions