Groupon selling fake goods.

This caught my eye today in the papers as iv often wondered if some goods are fake. Looks like they could be on watchdog tonight.

10 Comments

Banned

caught

I have wondered the same. I have only bought one thing through them and was convinced it was a fake.

Don't think it would come as too much of a surprise. Some of the RRP figures they quote are ridiculous, all you need to do is google some of the items on an auction site to see how overpriced they are . Don't get me wrong I've used them for days out etc , but I think there is a lack of honesty about them.

Do Groupon sell directly? I thought that Groupon was just a platform for third party vendors to reach a larger marketplace.

Original Poster

RossD89

Do Groupon sell directly? I thought that Groupon was just a platform for … Do Groupon sell directly? I thought that Groupon was just a platform for third party vendors to reach a larger marketplace.

Some stuff is sold by Groupon I think as I once ordered a TV cabinet for my brother didn't need a voucher to enter on another website as delivery from Groupon warehouse or that's how the email read then a few days later Groupon cancelled and refunded. I think sometimes they buy bulk stock themselves and resell it but I could be completely wrong of course.
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 16th Nov 2016

Original Poster

bruntz1972

caught

thank you

Original Poster

RossD89

Do Groupon sell directly? I thought that Groupon was just a platform for … Do Groupon sell directly? I thought that Groupon was just a platform for third party vendors to reach a larger marketplace.

Just looked at my email and it definitely seems it's from Groupon themselves a company set up by Groupon called Groupon Goods Global GmbH which is a Swiss company that buys and sells products (such as electronics, home furnishings, clothes, etc.) throughout the world. If you purchase goods from Groupon Goods Global, your contract for the supply of those goods will be the Groupon Goods Global terms of sale.

never used or liked them

im not shocked

Terrible company they don't do CS as such

not surprised

Watch Watchdog now on BBC ONE, Groupon are selling counterfeit products.Please be aware
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Multi fuel stove deals11
    2. Memory foam mattress topper56
    3. Are the free antivirus any good?78
    4. LG G4 Replacement44

See more discussions