Groupon teeth straightening Reviews

Posted 4th Jul 2020
I need to have my teeth straightened due to some overlaps causing some bleeding in my gum. The dentist wants 2-4k.

I saw similar deals on groupon for real dental surgeries for just over a grand for the Invisalign option but much much less for the metal and ceramics options.

Anyone used them Groupon options before?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I (didn't) have my teeth treated there, but if I did....
BEFORE

41293231.jpg

AFTER

41293231.jpg

I have used groupon though, and would be wary of spending a lot of money through them - refunds etc are in the form of a credit. So if you decide to not go through with it you are committed to spending your money through them.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 4th Jul
Think it will come down to how long you have been going to the particular dentist and how good of a job they do for you. Its nice to look at cheap options but at the same time it’s not something you can take risk with. When it comes to health I would rather spend more and feel i can trust the people doing it. You would have to look more into the company that will be doing it off groupon
D3LL80Y04/07/2020 14:54

Think it will come down to how long you have been going to the particular …Think it will come down to how long you have been going to the particular dentist and how good of a job they do for you. Its nice to look at cheap options but at the same time it’s not something you can take risk with. When it comes to health I would rather spend more and feel i can trust the people doing it. You would have to look more into the company that will be doing it off groupon

Quick look on trustpilot...

41293519-RyDot.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't bother without lot of research
I’d agree with the above posters, with something important like this it’s worth spending the extra and knowing you’re going to have a good job done.
Ringfinger04/07/2020 15:11

Quick look on trustpilot...[Image] Personally, I wouldn't bother without …Quick look on trustpilot...[Image] Personally, I wouldn't bother without lot of research

I would personally stay with my usual dentist. You know who they are etc and the certainty that they are legit and qualified
By all means shop around and look at various dentists (many may offer it cheaper - especially in current climate), but, I'd never ever trust a Groupon voucher for ANYTHING even remotely medical.

I once looked in to advertising my company on Groupon and they take a minimum of 50% of the sale as 'admin fees'. For most companies it was 75%. So, out of that £1,000 the company will probably only get between £250 and £500.... what sort of service will you get for that?
Ringfinger04/07/2020 14:39

I (didn't) have my teeth treated there, but if I did....BEFORE [Image] …I (didn't) have my teeth treated there, but if I did....BEFORE [Image] AFTER[Image] I have used groupon though, and would be wary of spending a lot of money through them - refunds etc are in the form of a credit. So if you decide to not go through with it you are committed to spending your money through them.

If you fight hard enough they give the money back. But you have to scream, cry and throw a tantrum.
Edited by: "notalwaysright19" 4th Jul
Op, you get one set of real teeth to use for the whole of your adult life.

It's one area I would never cut corners.
Thanks everyone for the advice, makes sense to stay with my dentist.
Please don't cheap out on your dentist. You really do get what you pay for
Try wondersmile, it’s a cheaper version of Invisalign and they send you 3D images of what your teeth will look like after so it’s up to you if you want to go ahead with it or not.
I think the initial consultation price is £40
I don't have any experience with this deal but from working at a dentist I would advise against it. Invisalign and suchlike come with the price tag that they do at a dental clinic because the system, ie the aligners it uses are expensive. Then there are the review appointments to track and monitor the process, plus the aftercare such as retainers to prevent the teeth moving back before they stabilise.
Also, many straightening cases are not even suitable for a removeable type system in that it won't give the full movement needed to get the desired result and fixed brackets are what's needed.
Maybe not, as I didn't read the ad or small print, but my worry would be you pay, get some aligners, finish your treatment and your teeth still aren't straight.

Having just read you post again I see you are also considering fixed brackets for even less. Just be careful there's not extra charges for review appointments, wire changes, lost brackets, retainers etc as this all adds up.
Edited by: "kerrvin123" 4th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text