Growing lemon fruit tree & strawberries at home help

Posted 30th Apr
Hi

Got too much time on my hands so decided to grow some strawberries at home in the living room & buy a lemon tree as you would .. dam lockdown lol

I just have no idea if I’m doing it right
I bought the pot as pictured below

I was just wondering if it’s ok to plant the lemon tree then have strawberry plants around it at a higher level. I have no garden access so this is the only way for me.

Can strawberries & small fruiting lemon tree grow on the same pot ?

This is what I have so far, on my way to buy a big bag of soil from B&Q .. it’s a big pot I got as you can see ..

3453204.jpg
3453204.jpg
3453204.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Anyone has a good source to buy a good lemon tree ?! I’m based in central london.
There is so many for sale online with delivery but I have no experience so no idea who to buy from ?

I’m just about reach B&Q
If there is anything I need from here let me know

Will post pics of everything once it’s in the pot at home
Personally I would use separate pots because the roots will get tangled in the soil and will start surfacing.
rimalpatel00730/04/2020 16:25

Personally I would use separate pots because the roots will get tangled in …Personally I would use separate pots because the roots will get tangled in the soil and will start surfacing.

I thought lemon tree roots will be much deeper compared to strawberries being very shallow roots ( guessing ) ?
The pot is a good bit of depth to it!
Strawberries usually pollinated by bees so you will have to take this into consideration if you are growing indoors. Some are self pollinating or unimaginable to do that yourself.
I once went to those Homebase type places with a large focus on plants. They had a matured lemon tree in a pot cost which about £100.
Sometimes Lidl do lemon 🍋 trees
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions