Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Grown up lads city break??

Posted 6th Jan
Hi!

We're a group of 4 guys aged between 39 and 47 looking for 3/4 nights away for beers. We've done the Magaluf, Ayia Napa nonsense when we were younger and now looking for somethin a bit classier? We tried Portugal last year but Albufeira was about 20yrs too young for us. Somewhere like Barcelona but cheaper? Any suggestions?
Cheers
Steve
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Does it get a bit confusing when you're all called Steve? and why can't the fifth Steve go?
41 Comments
Thailand? Amsterdam?
We did Amsterdam but I'd never get a couple of them to Thailand:(

Somethin (relatively) cheap where we could drink in the day, cafes etc
Edited by: "SteveSteveSteveSteveSteve" 6th Jan
Alicante / Ibiza (the classy Ibiza!)
SteveSteveSteveSteveSteve06/01/2020 20:07

We did Amsterdam but I'd never get a couple of them to Thailand:( Somethin …We did Amsterdam but I'd never get a couple of them to Thailand:( Somethin (relatively) cheap where we could drink in the day, cafes etc

Benidorm is mainly middle-age people now and still pretty cheap
Munich, Prague, Edinburgh. I hear Belgium is great too?
Tenerife in Costa adeje... Really nice food and tidy, lovely and warm or Dublin for the drink and atmosphere
Dublin 🇮🇪
Copenhagen, Madrid, Seville... or Nice, you could get the bus and have a day trip to Monaco, 1.50 Euro.

All depends on budget. Cheap and classy do not really go together!
Edited by: "cideristhefuture" 6th Jan
Malaga,Spain.
Riga, Latvia.
Tallinn, Estonia.
Belfast,N.Ireland. (can do Dublin as a day trip, but Belfast is alot cheaper).
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 6th Jan
Budapest is only 2 hours flight away and relatively cheap. Prague (of course) is a must see and Krakow in Poland has been voted best city break destination for 3 years in a row.

If you want to go further afield you can also go to Riga in Latvia. Dublin is nice, but expensive for booze.
Edited by: "J8kennedy" 6th Jan
Douglas_Birks06/01/2020 20:24

Tenerife in Costa adeje... Really nice food and tidy, lovely and warm or …Tenerife in Costa adeje... Really nice food and tidy, lovely and warm or Dublin for the drink and atmosphere

Dublin’s probably dearer to drink than Barcelona
Nowhere better in the World for beers than Munich. 19th September to 1st October. Oktoberfest.

Anyone who likes beer would love it. Just don't mention the war!
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 6th Jan
Does it get a bit confusing when you're all called Steve? and why can't the fifth Steve go?
Krakow
Bratislava, it’s cheap and decent beer.. in a few years it will be as bad as Prague for tourists..

only an an hour from Vienna as well on train.
Arto06/01/2020 20:14

Benidorm is mainly middle-age people now and still pretty cheap

Benidorm lo, the Blackpool of Spain, chav city..
I second Bratislava
Arto06/01/2020 20:03

Thailand? Amsterdam?

Ahh I remember my first time in Thailand I met a lovely massage therapist called Stephanie turns out it was a Steve
Edited by: "Norseg" 6th Jan
Norseg06/01/2020 21:55

Ahh I remember my first time in Thailand I met a lovely massage therapist …Ahh I remember my first time in Thailand I met a lovely massage therapist called Stephanie turns out it was a Steph

Married now?
Bargainhead06/01/2020 21:31

Benidorm lo, the Blackpool of Spain, chav city..

I said this before Blackpool is alright at day time before all the drunks and junkies come out

Also you do need selective vision but it's better than a lot of boring places in the UK, maybe I'm bias because I live somewhere in Lancashire but not Blackpool it's the people who ruin it
Norseg06/01/2020 21:55

Ahh I remember my first time in Thailand I met a lovely massage therapist …Ahh I remember my first time in Thailand I met a lovely massage therapist called Stephanie turns out it was a Steph

Stephan?
Treboeth06/01/2020 22:01

Married now?

I'm Single, just dont tell the lads (my mates) since they don't know what happened in Thailand
Norseg06/01/2020 22:08

I'm Single, just dont tell the lads (my mates) since they don't know what …I'm Single, just dont tell the lads (my mates) since they don't know what happened in Thailand

I wouldn`t say a word.

But I think the video may be on a few adult sites
Arto06/01/2020 22:07

Stephan?

I meant Seth actually but I can't spell
He. She whatever you call me nowadays was a alright blokey gal, surprisingly it felt just like a real woman same scent too
Treboeth06/01/2020 22:10

I wouldn`t say a word.But I think the video may be on a few adult sites …I wouldn`t say a word.But I think the video may be on a few adult sites

Probably why I always hear laughter I think someone's laughin at me but I know it's my anxiety probably actually laughing because they found out, it's a bit homophobic it's not even really gay it was one drunk night and it looked like a girl. Talked like one, smelt like one I even had no idea till after
Prague, beer/flights/accommodation all cheap
or
Galway Races (July/August); Le Mans 24hr (June)
Norseg06/01/2020 22:13

...He. She ...me ...it...

How many bases did you cover?
Norseg06/01/2020 22:18

Probably why I always hear laughter I think someone's laughin at me but I …Probably why I always hear laughter I think someone's laughin at me but I know it's my anxiety probably actually laughing because they found out, it's a bit homophobic it's not even really gay it was one drunk night and it looked like a girl. Talked like one, smelt like one I even had no idea till after

mirror.co.uk/3am…429
Steph or Rodrigo
fanpages06/01/2020 22:22

I to!d you stop being homophobic it's not even gay if she identifies as a woman she's a woman

I'm a straight male with kids who live with their mother but that's by my and her choice happy that way does that sound like gay man to you?
And no I'm not a bad parent I work a lot and I see them when I can because I don't live with them, even if they did live with me I'll be at work
Treboeth06/01/2020 22:24

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/human-ken-doll-comes-out-21214429Steph or Rodrigo

Stunner.
Riga in Latvia is a nice place. Loads of bars and restaurants. Fairly cheap too.
Norseg06/01/2020 22:13

...He. She ...me ...it...

fanpages06/01/2020 22:22

Norseg06/01/2020 22:29

I to!d you stop being homophobic it's not even gay if she identifies …I to!d you stop being homophobic it's not even gay if she identifies as a woman she's a woman I'm a straight male with kids who live with their mother but that's by my and her choice happy that way does that sound like gay man to you?And no I'm not a bad parent I work a lot and I see them when I can because I don't live with them, even if they did live with me I'll be at work

The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.

I was just pointing out you had covered the bases in those few phrases. I wonder what you thought I meant.

Ho hum.
Prague
Norseg06/01/2020 22:02

I said this before Blackpool is alright at day time before all the drunks …I said this before Blackpool is alright at day time before all the drunks and junkies come out Also you do need selective vision but it's better than a lot of boring places in the UK, maybe I'm bias because I live somewhere in Lancashire but not Blackpool it's the people who ruin it

Could say that about a lot of places, it’s the people who ruin it.
Prague & Bratislava. Check the flights, choose the best (cheapest one). Spend 1 night in Bratislava (it's nice, but if you want to see city as well, you are ok for 1 night). Get train to Prague - approx 10-15e (if you go with cd.cz there is bar/restaurant with beer and food too). 3 nights in Prague. If you go to bars locals go, it's still cheap (so, don't drink and Wenceslas square and Old town square).

I am saying that cos you wrote that you are grown up lol. If you plan to get bladdered, jump into fountain or cause problem, I beg you to forget what I wrote :-))
cecilmcroberts06/01/2020 20:38

Malaga,Spain. Riga, Latvia. Tallinn, Estonia.Belfast,N.Ireland. (can do …Malaga,Spain. Riga, Latvia. Tallinn, Estonia.Belfast,N.Ireland. (can do Dublin as a day trip, but Belfast is alot cheaper).

I agree, they're good places for alots.
Edited by: "Erudite" 7th Jan
Poland.
Gdansk in Poland
try malta it's wonderful for boozers
Went to Kraków, Poland few months back with a groups of friends. Was a decent city for drinks and a bit of culture to.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions