Grrrr anyone help with measurements

Banned 18
Found 29th Nov 2007
Anybody good with measurements?

Need to know if these dimensions can come through this size door, my head is fried, shop seems to think there will be a problem bringing it in through the door

The depth of settee is 107cm
The width of settee is 150cm
The height of settee is 102cm although the height from floor to arm is 65.

Now for the door size height 200cm and width 66cm

Surely if put on side they can bring it in on side, so depth first then swing it round:?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

Banned

Depends on the length then, if its longer than 200cm, you're ffffu***d

Ahh no if its 66 wide with a 65 high arm you have to measure from the outer arm to inner botton corner cos as your swing it round this will be the extent it will go to

I think you are fluffed

Original Poster Banned

the length of what? the settee, already said its 150cm

it will fit. leave it to the people who are delivering it. they do it all the time. My aunt bought a massive corner suite and i wondered how the hell it would fit, but fit it did.

Original Poster Banned

corner suites will always fit as they come in seperate units, trouble is if it wont come in its my problem not theres, and cant work out if i order online and it wont fit then can i refuse delivery under the 7 day cooling off thingie-ma-jig

It will be very tight, you will probably have to take the castors off of the sofa (this will reduce the from floor to arm by about an inch or so) and may have to take the door off if it doesn't open wide enough

just remember when it does come, to shout 'pivot pivoT PIVOT!' lol. everytime i move, help someone move, that always comes up and always cracks me up. sorry, doesnt help

Original Poster Banned

Thanks guys, come monday we will have nowhere to sit and at this rate nor will we over xmas:oops:

my parents ordered a suite from SCS and took all the measurements etc, however when the men came to deliver they just could not get the settee in and had to leave it in the garage. Dad had to get a joiner to take the front window out!! cost them an extra £80!!!

shanecr

just remember when it does come, to shout 'pivot pivoT PIVOT!' lol. … just remember when it does come, to shout 'pivot pivoT PIVOT!' lol. everytime i move, help someone move, that always comes up and always cracks me up. sorry, doesnt help

oh god, I do that too! are we related? :friends:

You must have narrow doors, my doorways are all about 74cm

Banned

sassie

the length of what? the settee, already said its 150cm

You quoted that as 'width' not 'length'....muppet :w00t: :giggle:

rvtyson

oh god, I do that too! are we related? :friends:

lol its possible, although i assumed everyone does it :-D

I haven't actually read the measurements, but they don't really matter because it depends on the amount of room there is to manouvre the furniture.

By turning something at an angle, it is possible to get it to fit(or not).

When I had a girlfriend(14 months ago and counting. Boy am I counting), I helped her move house.
Later that evening she had a look of horror on her face. I said say "Don't worry baby it'll fit". :giggle:

thesaint

I haven't actually read the measurements, but they don't really matter … I haven't actually read the measurements, but they don't really matter because it depends on the amount of room there is to manouvre the furniture.By turning something at an angle, it is possible to get it to fit(or not).When I had a girlfriend(14 months ago and counting. Boy am I counting), I helped her move house. Later that evening she had a look of horror on her face. I said say "Don't worry baby it'll fit". :giggle:

forget cynic... i meant imaginative:giggle:

bitseylango

forget cynic... i meant imaginative:giggle:

Imagination no, recollection yes.

thesaint

Imagination no, recollection yes.

they do say it affects your memory aswell as your eyesight!:whistling:

Original Poster Banned

UltimoScorpion

You quoted that as 'width' not 'length'....muppet :w00t: :giggle:

from the measuremments given i would assume one would have known the length :oops:

sassie

from the measuremments given i would assume one would have known the … from the measuremments given i would assume one would have known the length :oops:

Height, depth and width would have been plenty for a lot of people to work out...but for some, width and length are a whole different kettle of fish. :giggle:

Original Poster Banned

rvtyson

Height, depth and width would have been plenty for a lot of people to … Height, depth and width would have been plenty for a lot of people to work out...but for some, width and length are a whole different kettle of fish. :giggle:

I thought that too, obviously i was wrong:giggle:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition881171
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…33
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam22
    4. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22

See more discussions