grrrr tescos i hate them!! have any of you had the same problems.

42 replies
Found 30th Nov 2009
i am so annoyed, i got a tesco delivery on thursday my 2 loafs of bread looked like someone had jumped all over them so the delivery driver refunded them. i then takes my shopping through to the kitchen to find the naan breads i have ordered have the same date of use by that day so i decides nevermind i will just do a curry tonight and then my daughter say mum this yoghurts opened and my 5 year old chirps i will have it mummy so i let her have it after her tea. now i have 2 remaining yoghurts in my fridge and this morning i am making my partner some sandwiches for work and gets a yoghurt out of the fridge only to see that its sell by date is the 15th nov and use is 17th nov the bloody shopping was delivered on the 26th nov that is absolutely disguisting and now im thinking the one my daughter ate was probably well out of date too. so am i the only one with problems off tesco or have you had similar problems. rant over.

1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
42 Comments

phone them up & complain :thumbsup:

Contact Tesco and threaten Trading Standards (could email them anyway) - the out of date is illegal and retailers face stiff penalties for this kind of thing - we used to be Tescos - then Sainsburys now very happy with Asda (not perfect but happy)

Original Poster

marmalade47;7052835

Contact Tesco and threaten Trading Standards (could email them anyway) - … Contact Tesco and threaten Trading Standards (could email them anyway) - the out of date is illegal and retailers face stiff penalties for this kind of thing - we used to be Tescos - then Sainsburys now very happy with Asda (not perfect but happy)

i have just rung them and she said she will refund the yoghurts and the delivery charge and will log the complaint for me but its not the point really that yoghurt could of made my daughter really ill i know it didnt but i expect more of a supermarket like tesco pretty disguising really.

should be posted in deals section free delivery and free yoghurts

1. Why would you let your daughter eat open yogurt anyhow?!?!
2.Do the obvious - take it further!

Banned

Rant?

Utterly incoherent - what's the problem? You got out of date yoghurts?

Sue I tells ya - SUE!

Banned

Becksdawe;7053208

2.Do the obvious - take it further!

ask for khom-pen-say-shun?

Do you normally buy the same yoghurts?

And do your normally walk into the shop and not check dates?

I hate Tesco deliveries.. Ocado is much nicer xx

dimebars;7053229

ask for khom-pen-say-shun?

online delivery so she can't check the dates! that would be tesco picker responsibility

umanga;7053626

online delivery so she can't check the dates! that would be tesco picker … online delivery so she can't check the dates! that would be tesco picker responsibility

They get paid crap wages, not making excuses, but its taken 4 days assuming the information we have is correct to spot. Does everyone walk blind these day when they go towards there fridge, or there carrier bags or there boxes.

Maybe its just me but I check the dates of the stuff I purchase whether it's online or not. You had a full refund and they even took your del off. I would be happy with that. Means you have a free shop next time.

Not being funny but the yoghurt would of been fine.

its a laziness on either side, Tesco can't be arsed to do internet ordered deliveries with any care and you can't be arsed to go shopping. The amount of hassle to get satisfaction you could've done the shopping yourself and selected all the long dates of best before you wanted.

Never heard anything else about supermarket deliveries other than they are pretty rubbish.

Hmmm seen a few of these complaints over the last few days. your not the only one

Adam2050;7053672

They get paid crap wages, not making excuses, but its taken 4 days … They get paid crap wages, not making excuses, but its taken 4 days assuming the information we have is correct to spot. Does everyone walk blind these day when they go towards there fridge, or there carrier bags or there boxes.Maybe its just me but I check the dates of the stuff I purchase whether it's online or not. You had a full refund and they even took your del off. I would be happy with that. Means you have a free shop next time.Not being funny but the yoghurt would of been fine.

+1

if your too lazy to gotto shops the people picking it will be to lazy to check dates for you

Alfonse;7053683

its a laziness on either side, Tesco can't be arsed to do internet … its a laziness on either side, Tesco can't be arsed to do internet ordered deliveries with any care and you can't be arsed to go shopping. The amount of hassle to get satisfaction you could've done the shopping yourself and selected all the long dates of best before you wanted.Never heard anything else about supermarket deliveries other than they are pretty rubbish.

I never have problems with either Asda or Tesco online deliveries. And I shop online as there are better things to do on a Saturday/Sunday morning or in the evening than walk around a supermarket, not cos I am lazy. So manu posters with real aggresive nature to their posts. Such a shame.

OP; you should check the sell by dates when you have a delivery, same as if you were in the shop.

stewby;7053774

I never have problems with either Asda or Tesco online deliveries. And I … I never have problems with either Asda or Tesco online deliveries. And I shop online as there are better things to do on a Saturday/Sunday morning or in the evening than walk around a supermarket, not cos I am lazy. So manu posters with real aggresive nature to their posts. Such a shame.OP; you should check the sell by dates when you have a delivery, same as if you were in the shop.

No hate intended but, liek the delivery driver cant sit waiting for the person to check every date to make sure its all above baord

i lold when i read that this person had let their daughter eat an open yoghurt.

stewby;7053774

I never have problems with either Asda or Tesco online deliveries. And I … I never have problems with either Asda or Tesco online deliveries. And I shop online as there are better things to do on a Saturday/Sunday morning or in the evening than walk around a supermarket, not cos I am lazy. So manu posters with real aggresive nature to their posts. Such a shame.OP; you should check the sell by dates when you have a delivery, same as if you were in the shop.

there probably are better things to do over the weekend however I'm pretty sure there are 5 other days of the week also.

I'd rather not have the hassle of ANY issue with a food delivery so I eliminated it by doing the shopping myself, because I'm extra, like the leg work, and am in FULL control of what I'm buying, easy, well for me its easy

FoxWolf;7053805

i lold when i read that this person had let their daughter eat an open … i lold when i read that this person had let their daughter eat an open yoghurt.

what is this issue with opening a yoghurt?

seriously

shosie;7053788

No hate intended but, liek the delivery driver cant sit waiting for the … No hate intended but, liek the delivery driver cant sit waiting for the person to check every date to make sure its all above baord

No and he's not allowed to either.

But the OP could of checked the dates and phoned through later on the same day.

I have never had a home delivery and never will. I like to pick and choose the best bits of fruit, fresh chicken and bread etc. I like to make sure the food is in date for the week ahead as we plan our meals for the week and shop accordingly.

diamondnine;7054085

I have never had a home delivery and never will. I like to pick and … I have never had a home delivery and never will. I like to pick and choose the best bits of fruit, fresh chicken and bread etc. I like to make sure the food is in date for the week ahead as we plan our meals for the week and shop accordingly.

:thumbsup:

Banned

Maybe it was the food picker's last day and they were disgruntled.

I dread to think what they'd done to an open yoghurt...

A yogurt is milk thats gone off already, so whats the problem. When a yogurt is really off the lids blows up and it tastes fizzy and it still wont do you any harm. Too many people treat the 'Use by' date as gospel and throw everything away if its 5 past midnight after the day it says you'll die if you dare to eat it. We waste so much of what we buy due to this mentality. Get a life, it's a guideline and if it looks and smells bad, throw it. If not play Russian roulette and risk it.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7054218

I dread to think what they'd done to an open yoghurt...

now there is an interesting thought..............

dcx_badass;7053817

Could be worse, Morrisons is the only shop near me, god I hate that place.

try having just a co/op cant get any worse hate it.........:x

Becksdawe;7053208

1. Why would you let your daughter eat open yogurt anyhow?!?!2.Do the … 1. Why would you let your daughter eat open yogurt anyhow?!?!2.Do the obvious - take it further!

point 1 is a +1

Alfonse;7053829

there probably are better things to do over the weekend however I'm … there probably are better things to do over the weekend however I'm pretty sure there are 5 other days of the week also.I'd rather not have the hassle of ANY issue with a food delivery so I eliminated it by doing the shopping myself, because I'm extra, like the leg work, and am in FULL control of what I'm buying, easy, well for me its easy

Work takes up the daytime of those other 5 days and kids take up the evening. Tbh, me and my wife work full time, have two kids and both have several hobbies aorund the rest of it so online shopping is fantastic for us and I will happily put up with the odd dodgy date, crap substitute etc. If I had the time I do enjoy going food shopping as my big downer with online shopping is you don't get to see what stuff looks like. I wouldn't say doing shopping online is lazy though, it can often take me as long as going to the supermarket, but I can do it when the kids go to bed at night.

shosie;7053788

No hate intended but, liek the delivery driver cant sit waiting for the … No hate intended but, liek the delivery driver cant sit waiting for the person to check every date to make sure its all above baord

I meant check the dates as you put stuff away and if it is out of date then ring for a refund.

Original Poster

lol at you lot complaning about me letting her eat a open yoghurt. have you never had shopping delivered/gone out and got it yourself and got home and a yoghurt has split? gosh if it had been fully open i dont think there would of been any yoghurt left in it lol it was slightly open/split round the top lol cant believe you guys i see no problem at all.

stewby;7055063

Work takes up the daytime of those other 5 days and kids take up the … Work takes up the daytime of those other 5 days and kids take up the evening. Tbh, me and my wife work full time, have two kids and both have several hobbies aorund the rest of it so online shopping is fantastic for us and I will happily put up with the odd dodgy date, crap substitute etc. If I had the time I do enjoy going food shopping as my big downer with online shopping is you don't get to see what stuff looks like. I wouldn't say doing shopping online is lazy though, it can often take me as long as going to the supermarket, but I can do it when the kids go to bed at night.

yep we work as well and have children, don't see your point on that

anywho your choice

Banned

Adam2050;7053672

They get paid crap wages, not making excuses, but its taken 4 days … They get paid crap wages, not making excuses, but its taken 4 days assuming the information we have is correct to spot. Does everyone walk blind these day when they go towards there fridge, or there carrier bags or there boxes.Maybe its just me but I check the dates of the stuff I purchase whether it's online or not. You had a full refund and they even took your del off. I would be happy with that. Means you have a free shop next time.Not being funny but the yoghurt would of been fine.

A two week out of date open yoghurt would be fine to eat! :w00t:

You sure about that?

Banned

greyparrot;7055124

lol at you lot complaning about me letting her eat a open yoghurt. have … lol at you lot complaning about me letting her eat a open yoghurt. have you never had shopping delivered/gone out and got it yourself and got home and a yoghurt has split? gosh if it had been fully open i dont think there would of been any yoghurt left in it lol it was slightly open/split round the top lol cant believe you guys i see no problem at all.

how do you know it wasnt split 3-4 weeks ago when it was put on the shelf? ;-)

Banned

stewby;7053774

Couldnt agree more. Online shopping is superb and brilliant when you order cheap stuff which is out of stock as they replace it with better quality stuff and charge the same price.

Only go in store rarely these days and always swear never again cos its just stress city!

cheaper online too most of the time as usually find a voucher code :-D

and takes about 10 mins to do a weeks shop as opposed to 20 min round trip and an hour in-store!

csiman;7055537

A two week out of date open yoghurt would be fine to eat! :w00t:You sure … A two week out of date open yoghurt would be fine to eat! :w00t:You sure about that?

Yep have eaten far worse things :w00t:

I probably wouldn't of chose to eat it, but have done by accident before.

:w00t:

Alfonse;7055132

yep we work as well and have children, don't see your point on thatanywho … yep we work as well and have children, don't see your point on thatanywho your choice

My point was that online shopping fitted my lifestyle. You said people who shop online are lazy. This is clearly BS. I was explaining why it was BS. It is horses for courses and nothing at all to do with laziness. You should be careful with sweeping generalisations as they do tend to **** people off.

Isn't yoghurt just mouldy milk anyway? We alwasy eat yoghurts a few days out of date in our house. Tend to work on the principle if it looks and smells ok then it is probably ok.

Use by = probably won't be safe to eat after this date

Best before = will be safe after this date but may not be as good as it would have been before this date

Display until = date to help supermarkets manage stock

Supermarkets can fined a massive amount for out of date products which is why (usually) if you report it to them they will do a double replace, not sure if the idiots at Tesco would do this though. Where I work at Waitrose, we would give them a replacement product, and a bottle of wine (or something simular depending on what they wanted), but im not sure how Tesco CS would approach this issue.

Banned

diamondnine;7054085

I have never had a home delivery and never will. I like to pick and … I have never had a home delivery and never will. I like to pick and choose the best bits of fruit, fresh chicken and bread etc. I like to make sure the food is in date for the week ahead as we plan our meals for the week and shop accordingly.

then you should be shopping at a local greengrocers, butchers and bakers. Supermarket produce is generally well below the standards that a local supplier can offer.

And you can specify to only deliver goods that have at least a week left with regard to the dates

You can then get a refund if any dont have a week left (and keep the goods anyway :thumbsup:)

i actually like tesco delivery :w00t: i ordered for the 1st time on Saturday and the delivery driver came early and he brought all my stuff all the way in for me to my kitchen and waited till i unloaded everything and i ordered Thorntons chocolate half price £6 the 600g one and they sent me the 350g one for £5.98 as a substitute cos the other one wasnt available but i told the driver to return but he told me to keep the chocs and he'll refund me and he did i got an email confirming my refund on the same night free chocs!!!, everything else was packed nicely and i received everything i ordered so i would deffo be using tesco delivery again :-D:-D:-D
the tiger loaf i ordered was nice and fresh too

Hi
When my delivery came the other day my yogurts were a day out of date. They took them and delivered me another lot later in the afternoon plus some profitarolls for the inconvenience. I was later to realise that the tiramisu they delivered went off the day they delivered. we just ate it all that day :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much should fitting bathroom cost46
    2. New CEX shipping prices ‍ ‍1214
    3. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge59
    4. Looking for Cineworld 2d voucher11

See more discussions