Groups

grrrrr! i never thought buying cars would be this stressful!

ive seen a fiesta st, great condition, low milage blah blah. was told when i first showed interest that the car would come with 6 months tax and 12 months MOT, also that we could come to a deal and negotiate a price. went to see the car again and realised it needs 4 new tyres which was pointed out to the garage who said they would take that into consideration. its going to cost £400 for the new tyres which i told the garage. the screen price for the car is 7990. theyre saying they wont go below 7500 and will not be adding the 6 months tax which they said they would. the existing tax runs out this month. ive told them if they add 6 months they have a sale at the 7500 but theyre having none of it. now theyre saying someone else is interested but i dont know if this is just to pressure me into paying the amount without tax as they will want rid of it by the end of the month to avoid paying tax.
    not sure what to do. give in or see if they crack first? its just that by the time ive done the tyres and paid the tax myself im actually paying over the screen price when they told me there would be room for negotiation. do i wait a few more days and see if they come back to me?

144 Comments

Tell them to shove it, dont panic you'll find another car at a better price :thumbsup:

Don't be pushed into it, another one will come along!

Find another to buy... Sure the car us not a one off?! They're being abit unreasonable I think!

walk away quick and give them the bird, lol

then name and shame them on here

yeah dont rush into it, u wont lose anything if it goes, plenty more st's around
    wait and they will crack lol

Original Poster

its gonna be hard to find another one in as good condition with such low miles for the age. i said throw in 6 months tax and they have a sale but they wont budge.

i passed my test the other week so just want to get my car and out on the road

why are the tyres £400 i always get very very good condition tyres £20/£30 max have u tried local tyre shop rather then say a larger chain, maybe the few quid you save there you can use for the tax

Original Poster

Dub1;7919358

why are the tyres £400 i always get very very good condition tyres … why are the tyres £400 i always get very very good condition tyres £20/£30 max have u tried local tyre shop rather then say a larger chain, maybe the few quid you save there you can use for the tax

i want the tyres that come with the car which are pirellis. im not going to buy cheap tyres, at the end of the day its what keeps you on the road!

Dub1;7919358

why are the tyres £400 i always get very very good condition tyres … why are the tyres £400 i always get very very good condition tyres £20/£30 max have u tried local tyre shop rather then say a larger chain, maybe the few quid you save there you can use for the tax

You cant buy low profiles for £20 :?

i dont think ford put pirellis on as standard, they use michellin

You are being excessive with the tyre costs

go back or call them and tell em you found another car similar spec cheaper but not the colour you wanted lol so if they fullfil your wishes you will have it?

trust me you can in london m8, the most ive paid for a tyre was on a range rover and that was around £100 used buy in A1 condition

transit;7919373

You cant buy low profiles for £20 :?

Original Poster

wickedteen;7919378

i dont think ford put pirellis on as standard, they use michellin

the fiesta st comes with pirelli pzero nero as standard

and £400 tyres do the job say £200 tyres dont ??

donna-lou;7919368

i want the tyres that come with the car which are pirellis. im not going … i want the tyres that come with the car which are pirellis. im not going to buy cheap tyres, at the end of the day its what keeps you on the road!

If they are like this now before you buy the car, what will they be like if something goes wrong with it !!

You'll find another, no probs

£400 for tyres? That sounds a bit steep!!!

Original Poster

plumberman01;7919387

go back or call them and tell em you found another car similar spec … go back or call them and tell em you found another car similar spec cheaper but not the colour you wanted lol so if they fullfil your wishes you will have it?

i have. they still arent bothered. told them its even the same colour, bit dearer but less miles and a bit newer but by the time ive paid for tyres it will be the same price

Dub1;7919389

trust me you can in london m8, the most ive paid for a tyre was on a … trust me you can in london m8, the most ive paid for a tyre was on a range rover and that was around £100 used buy in A1 condition

Youre talking about part worn tyres, i always buy new :thumbsup:

donna-lou;7919403

i have. they still arent bothered. told them its even the same colour, … i have. they still arent bothered. told them its even the same colour, bit dearer but less miles and a bit newer but by the time ive paid for tyres it will be the same price

time to walk then:)

What is the spec of the car? Year, mileage ect.

Original Poster

Dub1;7919396

and £400 tyres do the job say £200 tyres dont ??

im saying i want the manufacturers recommended tyres, the ones which come as standard when you buy the car.

They arent bothered because they are a business and want to make a profit. No point selling something to you and make no dosh.

Just because you want those tyres you cant expect the dealer to pay for them.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;7919419

What is the spec of the car? Year, mileage ect.

56 reg, 13000 miles. 1 female owner, full service history

Original Poster

plumberman01;7919418

time to walk then:)

ive told them i have, unless they can come back to me with the tax included

o yea m8 i understand, but if it was between the car and some cheaper tyres if even for now, or walking away from a car i liked etc come on we all no what most of us would choose :-D try and haggle terry tibbs style

donna-lou;7919421

im saying i want the manufacturers recommended tyres, the ones which come … im saying i want the manufacturers recommended tyres, the ones which come as standard when you buy the car.

pinkleponkle;7919431

Just because you want those tyres you cant expect the dealer to pay for … Just because you want those tyres you cant expect the dealer to pay for them.

Its a buyers market, of course she can !

Original Poster

Dub1;7919440

o yea m8 i understand, but if it was between the car and some cheaper … o yea m8 i understand, but if it was between the car and some cheaper tyres if even for now, or walking away from a car i liked etc come on we all no what most of us would choose :-D try and haggle terry tibbs style

i dont think tyres are something you should buy cheaper though. they keep you on the road and in my opinion decent tyres are a must, not something you should scrimp on

She can ask for a diamond encrusted steering wheel as well, but I doubt they will go for that either.

donna-lou;7919433

56 reg, 13000 miles. 1 female owner, full service history

I would expect a 57/08 plate car for that. Besides if its gone through all the tyres in 13,000 miles it's the owner has had a reasonably heavy right foot.

donna-lou;7919453

i dont think tyres are something you should buy cheaper though. they keep … i dont think tyres are something you should buy cheaper though. they keep you on the road and in my opinion decent tyres are a must, not something you should scrimp on

I agree, or have you a fetish for shiny black rubber ?:w00t:

Original Poster

transit;7919448

Its a buyers market, of course she can !

exactly!

what bugs me is they say they will put it through its mot but they tyres that are on wont pass as they are on the limit, so they will be passing the car illegally! but if they throw the tax in i will overlook it as kwikfit are next door and i will get the tyres done the day i pick it up.

pinkleponkle;7919464

She can ask for a diamond encrusted steering wheel as well, but I doubt … She can ask for a diamond encrusted steering wheel as well, but I doubt they will go for that either.

Why not its a buyers market ;-)

Are you sure the car needs rear tyres? I find that difficult to believe on 13,000 miles.

donna-lou;7919477

exactly!what bugs me is they say they will put it through its mot but … exactly!what bugs me is they say they will put it through its mot but they tyres that are on wont pass as they are on the limit, so they will be passing the car illegally! but if they throw the tax in i will overlook it as kwikfit are next door and i will get the tyres done the day i pick it up.

Seriously, just walk away...you will find another 1 soon :thumbsup:

they are welching on a deal therefore walk away. they promised an mot which must include 4 new tyres cos it wouldnt pass the mot without them would it? therefore they are going back on their word and cant be trusted to offer good after sales service imho.

Original Poster

pinkleponkle;7919464

She can ask for a diamond encrusted steering wheel as well, but I doubt … She can ask for a diamond encrusted steering wheel as well, but I doubt they will go for that either.

come on! they tyres that are on now wont pass an mot as they are on the limit and doesnt that mean theyre illegal! dont be so daft in your replys and i may take you more seriously :roll:

I'd avoid a performance car that's only done 13k in 3+ years. Probably been thrashed around town with the engine cold. 25 to 35k is a more realistic mileage for that sort of car.

Original Poster

pinkleponkle;7919488

Are you sure the car needs rear tyres? I find that difficult to believe … Are you sure the car needs rear tyres? I find that difficult to believe on 13,000 miles.

looks like the front and back have already been swapped. my brother has the fez st with almost 10k miles on. he will need new tyres soon

donna-lou;7919477

exactly!what bugs me is they say they will put it through its mot but … exactly!what bugs me is they say they will put it through its mot but they tyres that are on wont pass as they are on the limit, so they will be passing the car illegally! but if they throw the tax in i will overlook it as kwikfit are next door and i will get the tyres done the day i pick it up.

they sound shifty and have lied to you so its not exactly a match made in heaven....a quick google shows that £7999 is top price for that year too...
    find another dealer you can go back to if you have a problem after purchase dont go with this one.

im a slow typer sorry but Barky and i agree and we're both sensible people lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions