Found 7th Apr 2010
I bought a Ds Lite for my Daughters birthday tomomorrow from ebay. The seller said it was very good condition with no scratches or scrapes yet just arrived now and its not only ingrained in dirt but its also covered in what looks like dogs teeth marks. Absolutely livid as i cant get another before tomorrow now as i live too far away from shops.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

That's eBay!

If badly described then best you will get is money back or leave -ve feedback but does not help you for the birthday tomorrow.

There is a thread on the for sale forum that has a ds for £50 or one in good cond for £65 I think. With good fortune you could have them by tomorrow. Depending on time of postie, your daughter may have to wait until afternoon for pressie :-(

Here is the thread
hotukdeals.com/ite…ite

Original Poster

Mallinersha;8306506

That's eBay!

It shouldnt be though. If people were honest there wouldnt be problems like this

Aw that's a shame - hope you're going to complain and get refund from them? If they don't offer you full refund then open a dispute. Take a photo of the DS as well in case of any comeback.

Banned

when did you win the auction?
As seems to me, you left it too late..

So sorry for you
Unfortunately, thats why I stopped buying anything like that as a very small number of people just werent honest.
Make sure you take photos with the mailing packaging before you try cleaning it - then raise a dispute and send the photos to Ebay. Find the original listing and print it or save the text so you can see that the original desc doesnt match the actual.
Good Luck

thats such a shame for you and your daughter Ebay is a nightmare. I have a ds for sale (check my threads) and could try get it to you asap if your interested. either way i hope you manage to sort it and she has a good birthday anyway x

jellybaby22;8306571

part of the reason I wouldnt buy anything from ebay...... some peoples … part of the reason I wouldnt buy anything from ebay...... some peoples idea of like new...or very good condition is strange to say the least

Indeed,i'm not being snobby but i don't buy 2nd hand goods i buy new or go without.

Although the picture of the DS on the auction closed looks a bit strange looking.

Original Poster

Hamm;8306543

when did you win the auction?As seems to me, you left it too late..

Why have i left it too late? Bought on 1st april and recieved today:thinking:

Banned

teeth imprints arent scratches or scrapes though

I bought a PSP game once, the seller said it was factory sealed and brand new...

Anyway it turned up and it was wrecked and didn't even have a case! The seller had just folded the game's outer sleeve around the game and shoved it in a normal envelope...

I just bought a phone, described as good condition.
It came, it was filthy, stunk of smoke, and the back was held together with sellotape! UNBELIEVABLE!
but out of 1000 transactions now, only ever had 2 items that I've been dissappointed with.

Original Poster

csiman;8306708

teeth imprints arent scratches or scrapes though

There is 2 scrapes as well as the teeth marks

why o why use eGay

Practically every game or DVD I have bought on ebay has been fake.
However I've been very pleased with every other product I have purchased.

Thanks to HUKD I rarely use ebay these days anyway

ebay is a last resort

MBeeching;8307081

Practically every game or DVD I have bought on ebay has been fake.However … Practically every game or DVD I have bought on ebay has been fake.However I've been very pleased with every other product I have purchased.Thanks to HUKD I rarely use ebay these days anyway

That's coz you're a bloke,ya don't get many deals for skincare etc:-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions