Groups

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR My neighbour is

My Next door neighbour is Driving me mad......... every day this week they have blarred Drum and bass alday. The thing is she is a middle age lady who works full time but her son lives near her so i am guessing it him who is blarring the music out.

I swear i could actually cry its so loud and it feels like my house it vibrating and the kids just cant settle for their nap with it .

I sound really moany but its been everyday from 10-5 ish

25 Comments

Banned

have you spoken to the mother

Speak to the owner (the middle aged lady) and if she's not being accomodating call the police - its soudns violation.

Why don't you have a word with the mother when she comes home.
    Maybe she doesnt know it's happening.
    Just say you don't wanna moan but explain that it's waking your lickle one up.
    You never know, she might even be grateful you told her

Original Poster

I did say to he the other day but she just laughed.

been in same position - horrible -

have you tried going round there - take a hammer to bang on door

local.direct.gov.uk/LDG…nce

edited

or just give me a call and i'll sort him out....or his speakers....give them a bath or something :-D

Tinkytayls;6514456

I did say to he the other day but she just laughed.

Where are you in south london i will come round and sort it out for you :thumbsup:

Stick on a bit of Dub-step

You're not being moany, you've a right to peace & quiet in your own home.
    I know it's not nice having to go & knock on someones door & ask them to keep the noise down, but I think it's the only way.

Original Poster

BeeKeeper;6514494

You're not being moany, you've a right to peace & quiet in your own … You're not being moany, you've a right to peace & quiet in your own home.I know it's not nice having to go & knock on someones door & ask them to keep the noise down, but I think it's the only way.

I would if it was the woman but her son is not to nice from what i have seen ie the 1st day I moved in him and his friend told me to get my ***s
    out :oops:

I think i am going to have to ring my boyfriend to comeround to tell him as im a wimp x

during the day its difficult to get much from the council it takes time, I have a few years ago been investigated for loud noise with DnB as well, the Environmental dude came round checked my set-up asked me to turn it up full. measured the noise and said it didn't live up to the (at then) guidelines of loud noise, case over.

Tinkytayls;6514508

I would if it was the woman but her son is not to nice from what i have … I would if it was the woman but her son is not to nice from what i have seen ie the 1st day I moved in him and his friend told me to get my ***s out :oops:I think i am going to have to ring my boyfriend to comeround to tell him as im a wimp x

You should take that as a compliment... :whistling:

start taking notes of times, conversations and dates anyway, if it comes to a head later you will have full information with which to prove your case.

We had a problem with a teenager doing his drum practice during the day and his mother would not believe it was that ad as he told her he used pads to deaden the sound, one day she came home early and heard it and then it stopped!

can u get evidence ie: a recording of the sound and go to the local council and see if it can be done that way as when you watch a programme on tv it shows a person phoning up the council and then they go round to the place where to sound is coming from i do feel sorry for you though hope it gets sorted out for you

don't think that you can do much about it (legally) in the day. Though at first pass you might want to contact the council, normal noise-abatement laws might not apply because of the time factor (day), but 'breach of the peace' might apply - assuming that's not only a scottish law??

From experience, scum only understand if you talk to them in their language: send your boyfriend round.

But only send the boyfriend around if it really is a problem as things will be awkward at best once the boyfriend visits. Also, the kid next door might be a wimp, but little ar4eholes travel in packs and use weapons. So don't get your boyfriend involved unless he knows how to hanlde himself and has a good bunch of mates.

Sorry, but that's my advice; In an ideal world you could speak to speak to the people and they'd have the decency to turn it down, or the police would be able to do something about it. The other thing, as loath as I am to say it: consider moving to a 'nicer' locale. I know that's not always possible. I've been there police, squaring up to neighbours etc. but ultimately the only thing that changed things was moving out of rented accommodation and buying a nice semi (nothing fancy). Maybe you already live in a really nice place and you've just struck unlucky with idiot neighbours, so I could be way off base - but every problem neighbour I had was when I lived in rented accomodation.

I know that sounds snobby, but the bottom line is people in bought houses/estates have work in the morning and discipline their kids (as do most people in rented) but unfortunately you will get a small proportion of idiot feral scum in rented places. Massive generalisations, I know, but true from my experience.

Good Luck

Tinkytayls;6514508

I would if it was the woman but her son is not to nice from what i have … I would if it was the woman but her son is not to nice from what i have seen ie the 1st day I moved in him and his friend told me to get my ***s out :oops:

Go around there. Hit him up the face with your baps and then ask him to turn the music down.

PROBLEM SORTED!

I have the perfect album for this type of scenario, its a 70's LP of the TT races. I just turn this on and soon all other noises go away.

Original Poster

redjay1;6514848

don't think that you can do much about it (legally) in the day. Though at … don't think that you can do much about it (legally) in the day. Though at first pass you might want to contact the council, normal noise-abatement laws might not apply because of the time factor (day), but 'breach of the peace' might apply - assuming that's not only a scottish law??From experience, scum only understand if you talk to them in their language: send your boyfriend round.But only send the boyfriend around if it really is a problem as things will be awkward at best once the boyfriend visits. Also, the kid next door might be a wimp, but little ar4eholes travel in packs and use weapons. So don't get your boyfriend involved unless he knows how to hanlde himself and has a good bunch of mates. Sorry, but that's my advice; In an ideal world you could speak to speak to the people and they'd have the decency to turn it down, or the police would be able to do something about it. The other thing, as loath as I am to say it: consider moving to a 'nicer' locale. I know that's not always possible. I've been there police, squaring up to neighbours etc. but ultimately the only thing that changed things was moving out of rented accommodation and buying a nice semi (nothing fancy). Maybe you already live in a really nice place and you've just struck unlucky with idiot neighbours, so I could be way off base - but every problem neighbour I had was when I lived in rented accomodation.I know that sounds snobby, but the bottom line is people in bought houses/estates have work in the morning and discipline their kids (as do most people in rented) but unfortunately you will get a small proportion of idiot feral scum in rented places. Massive generalisations, I know, but true from my experience.Good Luck

I live with my boyfriend but he is at work in the day also the boy is the same as as my boyfriend 25. The son also have 2 children and lives in flats 5 mins away :thumbsup: t:thumbsup: thanks x

Well you have two options you go the normal way by contacting your council and they would look into it or which I would reccomend get a nice powerful set of speakers and **** the **** out of him ahahaha now that would teach him a lesson the *******

Go staight to you local environmental health people.
    they will be all over them if they are any good.
    they helped me get my neighbour to stop playing computer games at 03.00...

Trauts78;6514947

I have the perfect album for this type of scenario, its a 70's LP of the … I have the perfect album for this type of scenario, its a 70's LP of the TT races. I just turn this on and soon all other noises go away.

TT races :w00t: :thumbsup:

Tinkytayls;6514987

I live with my boyfriend but he is at work in the day also the boy is the … I live with my boyfriend but he is at work in the day also the boy is the same as as my boyfriend 25. The son also have 2 children and lives in flats 5 mins away :thumbsup: t:thumbsup: thanks x

Get your boyfriend to sort it out one punch should do the trick ;-)

Banned

stop whinging.....its the middle of the day

casparwhite;6515897

thats harsh! Everyone has the right to a bit of peace and quiet.

would you be saying the same if you worked night shifts and this was happening to you?

Original Poster

casparwhite;6515897

:roll: your a plank ... why even reply
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767302
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1628
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2664
      4. word survey1013

See more discussions