Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, eBay! Item not as described!

74 replies
Found 4th Nov 2010
Bought a (supposedly 1 mth old) White Blackberry Curve off eBay on Monday, came today but it half White Half Red - although picture in listing shows an all white one? Have contacted the seller and opened a paypal dispute... How can people do silly things like that - grrrrrrrrrrr!

Seller has over 800 feedback, all 100%, didn't think I would encounter any problems, I'm sooooooo disappointed - was looking forward to my White Blackberry.

Am waiting for Paypal to contact the seller and make a decision - the phone is so ugly to look at, can't wait to send it back - I hope they agree it in my favour :-/

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
74 Comments

make sure you send back by trackable means

Sloth/Mod

Item number?

Syzable

Item number?

why do you want that Sy, wanna bankrupt them too

Sloth/Mod

ilovepink

why do you want that Sy, wanna bankrupt them too

Yep....actively searching for my next target X)

LOL Ilovepink is mean. Though Karl did turn up this morning demmanding blood for his refunding he was hoping he could leg it with my £1.43.

how much did you pay for it?

Original Poster

barky

how much did you pay for it?

Paid £140 for it... I'm so upset - have wanted a White Blackberry for a while - think I may just use the £140 and buy a Brand New 'Black' one from Carphone Warehouse

Sloth/Mod

Did the item description say white? A lot of times people use different pics. Also have you checked to see if they were selling a red/white one at the same time as they may have the parcels mixed up.

Has the seller replied to you?

Banned

Oh I dooooo hope everything turns out fiiiiine for you OP.
Edited by: "vibeone" 4th Nov 2010

Pr3cious18

Paid £140 for it... I'm so upset - have wanted a White Blackberry for a … Paid £140 for it... I'm so upset - have wanted a White Blackberry for a while - think I may just use the £140 and buy a Brand New 'Black' one from Carphone Warehouse

you can get a white one on orange for 129 quid new-have to buy a topup tho

Original Poster

Syzable

Item number?

Item number is: 260686355093 - doesn't say anything about it being half white, half red!

I asked questions about the phone before purchasing, seller assured me it was only a month old and in the great condition he got it in! He didn't mention anything about it being half red, Blackberry don't even make them this colour - think someone has replaced the white fascia with a red one?
Box had no packaging within it, just the phone, charger and earphones moving around freely in the box, seller also stuck the address label & postage stamp on the front of the box rather than wrap it in any form of paper or put in an envelope! Just shows that even sellers with high feedback can let you down

Original Poster

barky

you can get a white one on orange for 129 quid new-have to buy a topup tho

Where is that? Phones 4 U were selling them at that price about a month ago, but they have stopped selling the white ones now thats why I resorted to eBay

Pr3cious18

Where is that? Phones 4 U were selling them at that price about a month … Where is that? Phones 4 U were selling them at that price about a month ago, but they have stopped selling the white ones now thats why I resorted to eBay

our local HMV have an orange counter inside-they have white ones 129+compulsory 20 topup,and a free rockcorps skin-just bought one yesterday-its my daughters 14th birthday tomorrow and thats her pressie.

Sloth/Mod

Pr3cious18

Item number is: 260686355093 - doesn't say anything about it being half … Item number is: 260686355093 - doesn't say anything about it being half white, half red!I asked questions about the phone before purchasing, seller assured me it was only a month old and in the great condition he got it in! He didn't mention anything about it being half red, Blackberry don't even make them this colour - think someone has replaced the white fascia with a red one?Box had no packaging within it, just the phone, charger and earphones moving around freely in the box, seller also stuck the address label & postage stamp on the front of the box rather than wrap it in any form of paper or put in an envelope! Just shows that even sellers with high feedback can let you down

You'll win the Paypal dispute. He's not described it correctly and it's not a balls up with another one as that was his only one.

Sloth/Mod

They look a decent seller though so i'd say it's a genuine mistake not knowing the colours available. However they really shouldn't use stock pics.

Original Poster

barky

our local HMV have an orange counter inside-they have white ones … our local HMV have an orange counter inside-they have white ones 129+compulsory 20 topup,and a free rockcorps skin-just bought one yesterday-its my daughters 14th birthday tomorrow and thats her pressie.

I'll double check the HMV's local to me - do you know if the phone has the Orange logo on it as I was preferring unlocked so I could use my Tmobile contract sim in there?

Pr3cious18

I'll double check the HMV's local to me - do you know if the phone has … I'll double check the HMV's local to me - do you know if the phone has the Orange logo on it as I was preferring unlocked so I could use my Tmobile contract sim in there?

the display model didnt have an orange logo-daughters is sealed in a box tho and she wont open it til tomorrow so cant be certain.

You need to read feedback a bit closer, Seems he bought a new screen for one of these 4 weeks ago,

in the description it says you will get a white cover, did you not get one in the box.

you are buying a blackberry curve 8520 (white colour )

this phone is only 1 month old and is in a very good condition

you will get a white cover with it also headphones , usb and charger.

THE PHONE IS UNLOCKED TO ANY NETWORK AND WILL COME BOXED WITH USER MANUAL.

Sloth/Mod

tonyg1962

You need to read feedback a bit closer, Seems he bought a new screen for … You need to read feedback a bit closer, Seems he bought a new screen for one of these 4 weeks ago,

I only looked at selling.

Original Poster

pink-ka

in the description it says you will get a white cover, did you not get … in the description it says you will get a white cover, did you not get one in the box.

Theres a white silicon case included in the box but the phone is white with a red fascia? It looks so weird !

Original Poster

tonyg1962

You need to read feedback a bit closer, Seems he bought a new screen for … You need to read feedback a bit closer, Seems he bought a new screen for one of these 4 weeks ago,

Oh my goodness, I only looked at selling too! So basically I've been sold a refurbished phone? I haven't even turned it on to check it - it's too ugly to look at an I definitely don't want it! Is there anyway for me to add the refurbished part to the paypal dispute if I've already sold it - I feel like crying now, wasted my hard earned cash for nothing

Can you post photies of it.

Original Poster

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/Pr3cious18/014efb19.jpg

This is exactly how I have received, I have not taken anything out of the box

You haven't wasted your money though, either agree with a return with the seller or open a dispute for a 'not as described'. If you go down the correct channels you will receive a refund.

Didn't understand this comment you made

Is there anyway for me to add the refurbished part to the paypal dispute if I've already sold it

Edited by: "greg_68" 4th Nov 2010

Sloth/Mod

Looks like he changed the whole screen part. Definately will win a claim.

Banned

That's an horrific looking phone.

Is it a Samsung Galaxy S?

Not sure you will definetly win, I'm guessing they will ask you to return it.

Does look nasty though.

Sloth/Mod

Adam2050

Not sure you will definetly win, I'm guessing they will ask you to return … Not sure you will definetly win, I'm guessing they will ask you to return it.Does look nasty though.

They will as it's not as described. Sellers never win. lol

Syzable

They will as it's not as described. Sellers never win. lol

Your short term memory is terrible Sy.

Sloth/Mod

greg_68

Your short term memory is terrible Sy.

X)

Sorry.....private sellers never win. lol

Surely its just a replacable fascia, if its click on and off ask for a replacement genuine fascia.

Item number - 270656410181

Original Poster

greg_68

You haven't wasted your money though, either agree with a return with the … You haven't wasted your money though, either agree with a return with the seller or open a dispute for a 'not as described'. If you go down the correct channels you will receive a refund.Didn't understand this comment you madeIs there anyway for me to add the refurbished part to the paypal dispute if I've already sold it

Sorry, was meant to say "if I have already sent it"... My bad!

I've escalated a claim now, pending an outcome - this phone NEEDS to be sent back today

Original Poster

Adam2050

Surely its just a replacable fascia, if its click on and off ask for a … Surely its just a replacable fascia, if its click on and off ask for a replacement genuine fascia.Item number - 270656410181

Nope, I don't see why I should have to do that?! Besides, it looks as though they may have replaced the whole LCD and fascia (from looking at past purchases - flagged by tonyg1962). So I have paid £140 for a refurbished phone been advertised as 1mth old from new

Pr3cious18

Nope, I don't see why I should have to do that?! Besides, it looks as … Nope, I don't see why I should have to do that?! Besides, it looks as though they may have replaced the whole LCD and fascia (from looking at past purchases - flagged by tonyg1962). So I have paid £140 for a refurbished phone been advertised as 1mth old from new

Not saying you should. Just another avenue.

OP,i don't wanna sound patronising,but don't buy expensive items from small sellers especially with only a stock picture in future.

Good luck,hope you get it sorted,i'd also send it back Special Delivery to be on the safe side because recorded doesn't always get a signature.

Original Poster

deb8z

OP,i don't wanna sound patronising,but don't buy expensive items from … OP,i don't wanna sound patronising,but don't buy expensive items from small sellers especially with only a stock picture in future.Good luck,hope you get it sorted,i'd also send it back Special Delivery to be on the safe side because recorded doesn't always get a signature.

Small seller? - They have over 800 feeback, 100% positive? I certainly weren't to know...

Have never had a problem with eBay before as I only go for reputable sellers

Pr3cious18

Small seller? - They have over 800 feeback, 100% positive? I certainly … Small seller? - They have over 800 feeback, 100% positive? I certainly weren't to know...Have never had a problem with eBay before as I only go for reputable sellers

Not a huge phone seller i meant,it was just a one off private phone sale,they can get away with anything with a stock photo.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions